function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Sean Fife 16Sean Fife 16 

highlights panel per profile?

So, in this trailhead unit, Customize Record Highlight with Compact Layouts, within the Lightning Experience Customization module, it has an odd tip at the bottom about having different highlights panels per profile: https://trailhead.salesforce.com/modules/lex_customization/units/lex_customization_compact_layouts

The steps in the text are:
1. Create a record type.
2. Assign the new record type to the profiles that should see a different highlight
2. Create a different custom layout, with the fields for the different highlight
3. Modify the compact layout assignment and assign the new one to the new record type

Then it says viola! it should work.  But it doesn't seem to work for me.  Everyone always sees the default.

Has anyone been able to get it to work?  Am I missing a something?
Best Answer chosen by Sean Fife 16
Carl Brundage (Dev)Carl Brundage (Dev)
Did you change an Account to have the new record type?  My compact layout was the same until I update a record.

All Answers

Carl Brundage (Dev)Carl Brundage (Dev)
Did you change an Account to have the new record type?  My compact layout was the same until I update a record.
This was selected as the best answer
Sean Fife 16Sean Fife 16
Yeah, I had to update the record type for a single Account record for it to start working.  Thanks!
Justin Brill 16Justin Brill 16
So record type controls the highlights panel, essentially? How does this work users with different profiles view the same record? They will see whichever highlights panel is assigned to the record type of that record, regardless of their profile, correct?