function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Sean Fife 16Sean Fife 16 

Integrating with Quickbooks on prem

Hi everyone, I would appreciate some opinions.  I currently am using Informatica with the Quickbooks on prem connector to integrate with Salesforce.  I need to create invoices and bills (but will eventually create other things), and pull the Quickbooks id back into Saleforce for syncing purposes.  Here's the process:
1. Create an invoice line item in quickbooks (which in turn creates an invoice)
2. Get the invoice Id back into Salesforce
3. Add additional line items to the invoice

Simple, right?  Well, my problem is that I after step 1 I have no idea what the id of the new invoice is.  So, my solution is to store the Salesforce id of the invoice within quickbooks.  The issue is that the only field I can use to store the SFID (because it's the only field I can use to scan the invoice table), is 11 characters long.  Salesforce Ids are 15 case sensitive, 18 case insensitive characters long.

My questions:
1. Does anyone know of a good way to losslessly compress a Salesforce id into 11 characters?
2. Is there a better way to do this?

My thoughts are that since the id is of the form <object id><base 62 id><case safe chars> I can strip the id down to 12 characters becuase I know what Salesforce object the data is coming from and the quickbooks field is case sensitive.  That's 1 too many characters though.  I figure I could use a character to replace the ubiquitous double zeroes in the ids, but that's a hack or bandaid, not a solution.  What say you?  Or is there a better way to integrate with quickbooks on prem through Informatica?