function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Peter McGavinPeter McGavin 

I am trying to complete the challenge in the 'Use Numbers, Currency, and Percentages in Formulas' unit (Advanced admin) but I seem to get the following error which relates to the previous (Use Basic Logic in Checkbox Formulas)?

Salesforce Advanced admin challenge error
Best Answer chosen by Peter McGavin
jigarshahjigarshah
Peter,

Looks like you have a custom validation rule written on the Opportunity within the Salesforce Trailhead Playground instance. From the error message it appears, that the Validation Rule seems to check if the Close Date value that is set on the Opportunity record is that of past date and restrcits the creation of such records.

You can navigate to Setup > Opportunity > Validation Rules > Search for the respective validation rule and deactivate the same and then try running the challenge. Also, its always recommended to use a fresh trailhead playground org to implement and run your trailhead challeneges.

Please do not forget to mark this thread as SOLVED and answer as the BEST ANSWER if it helps resolve your issue.

All Answers

jigarshahjigarshah
Peter,

Looks like you have a custom validation rule written on the Opportunity within the Salesforce Trailhead Playground instance. From the error message it appears, that the Validation Rule seems to check if the Close Date value that is set on the Opportunity record is that of past date and restrcits the creation of such records.

You can navigate to Setup > Opportunity > Validation Rules > Search for the respective validation rule and deactivate the same and then try running the challenge. Also, its always recommended to use a fresh trailhead playground org to implement and run your trailhead challeneges.

Please do not forget to mark this thread as SOLVED and answer as the BEST ANSWER if it helps resolve your issue.
This was selected as the best answer
Great, Thanks for the quick reply. Deactivating the formula did not work but creating a fresh trail head playground did. Cheers Peter.
jigarshahjigarshah
Please mark the thread as SOLVED and answer as the BEST ANSWER your issue is resolved.
jigarshahjigarshah
Peter if an answer helps resolve your issue then please mark that answer as the BEST ANSWER rather than marking your own reply.
Hi jshah jshah, my apologies. I am new to this forum and must have clicked the wrong reply. Cheers
jigarshahjigarshah
No problem Peter appreciate it. Thanks.