function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Jamie FellrathJamie Fellrath 

Tasks and Events report needs more fields.

Hi all,

I'm trying to create a new report based on the Tasks and Events model, but with additional fields that aren't in the T&E model (account.industry and a custom field I added to account). I tried using the Activities with Accounts model instead, and it has those fields, but it doesn't return all the same data (much less data, actually).  

Is there a way to add those fields to the Tasks & Events report I created? 

Thanks,

Jamie

Best Answer chosen by Jamie Fellrath
Abhishek BansalAbhishek Bansal
Hi Jamie,

You are on the right track. Just save this custom Report Type and then follow the steps as mentioned below:

1. After saving, click on the Edit Layout button in the "Fields Available for Reports" section.
2. Now on your right hand side you will see a link "Add fields related via lookup". Click on this link
3. Select Account or any other object whose fields you want to add.
4. Then select the fields which you want in your report.

Please let me know if you still need any information on this.

Thanks,
Abhishek Bansal.

All Answers

Hi Jamie,

Please have a look at the link below:
https://support.gainsight.com/Product_Documentation/Reports_and_Dashboards/Admin_Configuration/Reporting_in_Salesforce

May this will help you.

Thanks,
Abhishek Bansal.
Thank you Abishek. 

When I start with Activities as my Primary Object, it doesn't allow me to add in another object.  I get this:  

User-added image
Hi Jamie,

You are on the right track. Just save this custom Report Type and then follow the steps as mentioned below:

1. After saving, click on the Edit Layout button in the "Fields Available for Reports" section.
2. Now on your right hand side you will see a link "Add fields related via lookup". Click on this link
3. Select Account or any other object whose fields you want to add.
4. Then select the fields which you want in your report.

Please let me know if you still need any information on this.

Thanks,
Abhishek Bansal.
This was selected as the best answer
Unless I'm missing something here, the fields I need from the Account object don't show up because I can't add it to the Object Relationships. So the Edit Layout isn't going to get me what I need. 
Have you followed the steps as mentioned by me in the previous response. I was also thinking the same way as you are thinking right now but when I tried it practically, it worked. Please follow the steps and let me know if it works or not Thanks, Abhishek Bansal
Hah! I got it.  Thank you!