function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Cassandre JeanCassandre Jean 

Unable to view installed Package in Lightning

I am new to trailhead so I started with the trailhead playground management and already I have encountered some difficulty on the third module.  I am able to view my installed package in classic mode but not in Lightning and thus it is showing that I have not completed the hand-on assignment.  Can someone please help.  Thanks!
jigarshahjigarshah
Cassandre,

I believe you are unable to view your installed App within the App Launcher within Lightning Experience. Navigate to Setup > App Manager > within your Salesforce org that has Lighting Experience enabled. Search for the app which is not showing up within the App Launcher . The respective app may not have been setup for being viewed in Lightning Experience as in the snapshot below.

App Manager - View in Lightning Experience

You will need to check the Visible in Lightning Experience checkbox against that respective app so that it is available within App Launcher. In order to do so perform the following steps.

1. Navigate to Edit from the dropdown against the respective App within the App Manager as shown in the snapshot below.

Edit App

2. Select the Show in Lightning Experience checkbox as shown in the snapshot below and click Save.

Select the Visible in Lightning Experience checkbox

Refresh the page and the respective app in consideration should now display in the App Launcher within Lightning Experience.

Please do not forget to mark this thread as SOLVED and this answer as the BEST ANSWER if it helps address your issue.
Hi Jshah, I navigated to the to the list of apps and attempted to edit the Trailhead Playground. When I clicked edit app however, it went to a blank page. *Cassandre Jean* Sales Operations Manager New York Institute of Finance T: +1 347 842 2508 * cassandre.jean@ft.com *
[image: Inline images 1] *Cassandre Jean* Sales Operations Manager New York Institute of Finance T: +1 347 842 2508 * cassandre.jean@ft.com *
jigarshahjigarshah
If clicking the Edit button opens up a blank page, you can raise a case with the trailhead support team at trailhead@salesforce.com and they can help you address the issue.

I prepared a video that might help you validate the steps to be performed before you raise a case. Watch the video here (https://share.viewedit.com/o4hFSkvzXfGrQcf2ggr3x5).

Please do not forget to mark this thread as SOLVED and this answer as the BEST ANSWER if it helps address your issue.
NehaaaNehaaa
hi all,
getting below error when trying to view dependency on lightning experience for a managed package:

This page is only accessible to the organization which uploaded the package. If this organization is a sandbox copy, you will need to use the original production organization to access this page. For more information, see Insufficient Privileges Errors.
jigarshahjigarshah
Nehaa,

You cannot directly install a managed package within a Sandbox instance from Appexchange unless, you provide parent credentials of the parent Production instance org and only then will you be permitted to install the package. Some managed packages like Pardot etc. have a different url for managed package installation for Sandbox Vs Production instance.

Another way to have the managed packaged setup on your Sandbox is to install the package on Production and have the Sandbox in consideration, refreshed from the Production instance. The refreshed version of the Sandbox will have the required managed package.