function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Christine ArmstongChristine Armstong 

DreamHouse app does not exist on App Exchange

"Install Apps and Packages" trailhead tells me to install DreamHouse app through the App Exchange to complete the challenge. I went to the App Exchange and it doesn't exist anywhere. I tried just typing "Dream" and "House" and opened an Incognito Chrome tab to find. Still nothing. Can anyone check to see if they're seeing this app on the exchange? Otherwise, I can't continue with this Trailhead. Thanks!
Christine ArmstongChristine Armstong
Completed the trailhead by clicking on the link provided in the "Challenge" box. I have no idea where this look took me, but after having to sign out of my work production org, signing into my Trailhead playground account (after having to reset my password), I was able to download and complete the challenge. I have no idea what just happened. 
Chris AsherChris Asher
Same issue for me - no amount of seaching will uncover the Dreamhouse app, on either my company profile or my playground account. Its like it no longer exists. 

When I went back and clicked the link in the challenge box, it would take me to the dowload/install screen to install what I assume is the Dreamhouse app into my company profile. Even though I dont want it in my company profile, I attempted to install it, and it failed with some Apex error (see other forum comments on this topic). I felt pretty bummed but I assumed that there are pre-requsits for certain apps. At least I hope that was the issue, and this CRM is not riddled with bugs and dead ends. 

I saw another forum post which suggested copying the package link section of the URL and pasting it onto your TP account URL, but there were issues with those links not working too, so I clicked the link in the challenge box, (which took me to the dowload/install screen for Dreamhouse on my company profile) and copied the package URL from there, /packagingSetupUI/ipLanding.app?apvId=04tB00000009UeX then opened my playground account, pasted, followed the link and selected install. It delayed for a while installing, but eventually said install completed. 

When I went back to the challenge an clicked Check, it told me the challenge was completed and I had a shiny new badge. While this gave me a sense of acheivement, it did little to alleviate the hurt I felt by being tripped up this early in the trail. 

Tracy DyeTracy Dye
Yes, that was extremely difficult for something that should be easy.  I followed your directions Chris Asher and it seems to work.  I am disappointed by support from Salesforce, as I'm not sure what I"m doing and I'm being sent links to the directions again.