function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Troy TurleyTroy Turley 

For certain accounts can they be coded so that only the account owner can see them, their opportunities, activities, etc? Thanks, Troy

For a certain accounts can they be coded so that only the account owner can see the opportunities, activities, notes, etc? If that is too hard can only certain opportunities, activities, notes, etc be coded so that only the owner can see them? I realize reporting is an implication but anything we can do in the system to limit visibility to certain account is being requested. Thanks, Troy. Note, I have looked into record types, sharing rules and groups. Salesforce supports suggests visual force due to the complexities in my org.
Best Answer chosen by Troy Turley
Rahul KumarRahul Kumar (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Troy,

1) Using Org Wide Default Sharing Settings (Admin Setup->Security Controls->Sharing Settings), you can set the default access to Private (which means any user can only see records they own, and records that are owned by the people under them in the Role Hierarchy.

2) Define your Role Hierarchy so each User can see the records they need to see (Admin Setup->Manage Users->Roles)

Please refer the below link for reference. Hope it will be helpful.

Please mark it as best answer if the information is informative.so that question is removed from an unanswered question and appear as a proper solution.

Thanks
Rahul Kumar