function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Deepika TestDeepika Test 

LookUp field update for formula field

I have a lookup relationship between two objects(Account and Quote__c).I need to show a field(which is a formula field of returning Date time as "service Time" in the Quote__c object) in the parent object(Account) from the child object (Quote__c) in which this current field is present .A Account can have multiple Quotes.So In Parent Acccount I need to show the oldest service time among all Service times present in Quote__c.How to achieve this?.. Thanks
RD@SFRD@SF
Hi Deepika,

Try this:
1) Create a date time field in the parent record, and set a default date time here. a date in future, as we are going to compare the value later.
2) Write a process using the process builder on Quote (on record create), check compare the newly created Quotes service time and the parent's date time field value which you created in previous step. 
3) If the value is less than the existing one, update the new Quotes service time value. else nothing

Note: Set the immediate action on a time trigger in process, the parent look up takes a bit of time to update. Otherwise you ll get an error as the parent record wont be accessible.

Hope it helps
RD