function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Sujit KarandeSujit Karande 

Adding help text for standard field

Hello, This question is already asked, But I didn't get the exact solution of any trick to solve the issue.

Actually, I have a standard picklist field "Opportunity Currency" in Opportunity Object. I can see that for some standard fields we cannot add the help text, and "Opportunity Currency" is one of them. So I would like to know if we can do some tricks to show the texts in front of the picklist.

Any help will be really appreciated. Thank you 
Angelina MuddamalleAngelina Muddamalle
Hi Sujit, I had a similar requirement few months back and as per one of the suggestions on the forum, we created a text field with default value as the help text and in the page layout placed this text field next to the standard field. Not exactly an efficient way but we were able to get our work done.
Rahul KumarRahul Kumar (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi, Sujit,

Here's a workaround:  You can create a custom field to hold the help text.  Make it a text field and enter your help info as the default value.  Then put it on the page layout right next to the standard field.  Not consistent with how help for the custom fields works, but it's one way to get the info on the screen for the users.
Please refer the below link for reference.
Hope it will be helpful.

Please mark it as best answer if the information is informative.so that question is removed from an unanswered question and appear as a proper solution.

Thanks
Rahul Kumar

rishabh rathor 28rishabh rathor 28
Hi, Sujit,

Here's a Bulk object field Creator: you can easily create or update multiple fields like 500, 1000 along with help text or description in few clicks. Works for both standard and custom objects.
Try it here - https://appexchange.salesforce.com/appxlistingdetail?listingId=a0N30000000qDqqEAE