function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
GC_00001GC_00001 

Display a custom page layout from within a visualforce page depending on profile

I have a small VF page which I want to use to override the Edit button on a custom (managed package) object with a message rather than an edit page. However, if the user logged in has a particular profile, I want the action to continue and to display a custom page layout in edit mode. The folloiwng code displays the message fine for a non Custom System Administrator but otherwisde it displays an edit page that looks a standard (default) one rather than the page layout I want.

I feel like it should juts be something small to achieve this but I cannot get to it.

<apex:page standardController="SVMXC__Service_Order_Line__c" action="{!if($Profile.Name <> 'Custom System Administrator', Null, urlFor($Action.SVMXC__Service_Order_Line__c.Edit, 
$ObjectType.SVMXC__Service_Order_Line__c, null, true))}">
  <h1>Warning:</h1>
  This link is disabled. Work Details may only be changed via SFM. Select the Line Number to view the Work Detail.
</apex:page>
NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi,

Please check with below link from the forums community with a similar issue and suggested workarouund. Hope this will help you to resolve the issue.

Thanks,
Nagendra