function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Vamshi KrishnaVamshi Krishna 

Object records sharing

I have a custom object "vehicles" which are shared to Accounts.Sharing rule has been set to a particular ole who is a contact.An apex class has been set to ensure the records of the Object " vehicles" are shared with concerning contact on account.
  When the contact logs into Community portal, he can see the records of the object accordingly. This was set up an year ago and works fine. But recently, I could not see the records when I log in as a contact in portal. I saw the permissions are all same too. My question is to figure out where could be the issue? Could someone please help.
Best Answer chosen by Vamshi Krishna
jigarshahjigarshah
Vamshi,

First things to check for is the VehicleShare object using Developer Console or Workbench which contains details of all the the shared records for your custom Vehicle object.

Also, you need to check if there were any Sharing changes made thorugh changes to the Apex code or adding Sharing Rules for the same. You may want to leverage Audit trail to check for the log of changes made.

Please do  not forget to mark this thread as SOLVED and answer as the BEST ANSWER if it helps address your issue.

All Answers

jigarshahjigarshah
Vamshi,

First things to check for is the VehicleShare object using Developer Console or Workbench which contains details of all the the shared records for your custom Vehicle object.

Also, you need to check if there were any Sharing changes made thorugh changes to the Apex code or adding Sharing Rules for the same. You may want to leverage Audit trail to check for the log of changes made.

Please do  not forget to mark this thread as SOLVED and answer as the BEST ANSWER if it helps address your issue.
This was selected as the best answer
Vamshi KrishnaVamshi Krishna
It worked out. Other administrator has made quite a few changes in Sharing settings which affected the Production.Thank you Jigar Shah.