function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SunilKumarSunilKumar 

in the process of lead convertion whenever

we click on the convert button then there is some required field is subject(picklist) its is a required field but without selecting any picklist values also it is saved it is a out of box functinality my question is without selecting the subject it should not saved. and it shows error

Please help on this thanks in advance
Prakash NawalePrakash Nawale
Hi Sunil,

Can you please explain your scenario in details.

Thanks,
SunilKumarSunilKumar
Hi Prakash,
Thanks for giving reply

scenario: while converting a lead into account and contact that time through manually we click on the convert button on the lead record detail page
then it will navigate to lead convert page in that page there are some required fields are there like Record owner, Account Name,Converted Status and Subject  these are required fields. In that Subject (picklist) it is a required field but even if we are not selecting any picklist value in subject the lead is converted and  it is saved so my requirement is without selecting subject it should through error

ThanksUser-added image
Prakash NawalePrakash Nawale
Hi Sunil,

We can set default value in subjet for task but not on lead convert page.

I have another trik for this issue.

Create custom button on lead object and populate default subject in url as per below image.

Convert Custom button with default value for subject field

Add custom button on lead detail pagelayout and remove standard button.

User-added image
Please let me know incase if you need any other help and  mark this as best answer.