function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Sue CannonSue Cannon 

create object relationship module Create a Master-Detail Relationship stuck on activity between favorite and property?

I am stuck on this exercise I go to the favorite in object manager, next to to fields and relationships, new and then select master detail relationship.  I can not find property as an option to relate to?
Akshay_DhimanAkshay_Dhiman
Hi Sue,

→ First, You Make sure , you have created a ‘Property’ Object from this module, please follow below link to create ‘Property’ Object, if not done.
https://trailhead.salesforce.com/trails/force_com_admin_beginner/modules/data_modeling/units/objects_intro

→ Or you can  follow these steps to create a ‘Property’ Object
  1. Click the gear icon at the top of the page and launch setup.
  2. Click the Object Manager tab.
  3. Click Create | Custom Object in the top right corner.
  4. For Label, enter Property. Notice that the Object Name and Record Name fields auto-fill.
  5. For Plural Label, enter Properties.
  6. Check the box for Launch New Custom Tab Wizard after saving this custom object.
  7. Leave the rest of the values as default and click Save.
  8. Select your desired Tab Style and click Next, Next, and Save.

Great job! You just created ‘Property’ custom object.
-->Now, Create a Master-Detail Relationship
→ On the Object named ‘Favorite’, Create a cutom field
  1. For Data Type, Choose Master-Detail Relationship and click Next.User-added image
  2. For Related To, choose Property.
  3. Click Next.                                                                     User-added image
  4. For Field Name, enter ‘Property’ and click Next.
  5. Click Next, Next, and Save.
Great job! Our Favorite object is all set up. Now, if you look at a Property or Contact record, you’ll see that there’s a Favorites section in the related tab.

User-added image
User-added image

Hope this may help you.

Regards,
Akshay.
Brahma Reddy 54Brahma Reddy 54
HI Akshay,
As you mentioned in the above  answer the below step   is not allowing me to proceed further and when i hit next shows an eroor.

Brahma Reddy 54Brahma Reddy 54
HI Akshay,
As you mentioned in the above  answer the below step   is not allowing me to proceed further and when i hit next shows an eroor.User-added image
Apoorva Jain 19Apoorva Jain 19
Hi Sue,
Firstly u will check the property object name it is right or not and as you know that the maximum number of master is 2 so you check that property object are related to which object (master detail relationship).
Regards,
Apoorva