function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Sourav PSourav P 

Apex code for Task assignment to queue

Hi,
I want particular tasks to assign a group of people, similar to a Task assigned to a queue, But as this feature is till an idea and not implemented yet, I want to know if through apex code we can achieve this ?

I can use Roles, personal, public groups, multiple users But these are not satisfying my requirement as, those creating multiple same tasks for each assigned users, I want that only one task should be reflecteed in a particular object. and from a group of users anybody can pick it up. Any suggestions plz, on how to write a coding for this. Thanks
NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Sourav,
You can create a task and assigned even that may be 'picked up' by multiple users. You could highlight that on a checkbox for example and use that in list view (or by subject whichever may highlight is a task for a team to work on).
User-added image
Reminder, so email alert when task is not completed and due date greater than today send to assigned and 'additional addresses' a distro group.

It really depends on how you operate.

Hope this helps.

Mark this as solved if it;s resolved.

Thanks,
Nagendra 
Sourav PSourav P
Hi Nagendra, Thanks.
But this approach doesnt working as what we want is , that the tasks assigned should be visible in the Home page in " My Task" of the user. Assigning tasks to a multiple users , will create the tasks multiple times which also we dont want to be. So, may be coding is a way i think.