function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Laura Boyd 25Laura Boyd 25 

Adding contact roles with exception

Hi,

I am using this app from the app exchange (https://appexchange.salesforce.com/listingDetail?listingId=a0N300000016cbDEAQ) to ensure that a contact role is added to an opportunity when a certain stage is selected on the opportunity. This works perfectly as it is but I dont want the trigger to take effect if a tickbox called First_MG_created is being updated.

My Apex skills are lacking, so I apologise that this is basic. Any guidance on what I need to do to add this exception in would be appreciated

//This is provided as a sample to require a contact on opportunities it is provided without warranty and support. 

trigger opportunity_contact_required on Opportunity (before insert, before update) {

//map to keep track of the contact_required = 1
    Map<String, Opportunity> oppy_contact = new Map<String, Opportunity>();

//Trigger.new is an array of opportunities 
    //and adds any that have Contact_Required = 1 to the oppy_contact Map
    for (Integer i = 0; i < Trigger.new.size(); i++) {
        System.debug('*****Required? ' + Trigger.new[i].contact_required__c);
        if  (Trigger.new[i].contact_required__c == 1) {
            oppy_contact.put(Trigger.new[i].id,Trigger.new[i]);
        }
    }

//map to keep track of the opportunity contact roles
    map<Id, OpportunityContactRole> oppycontactroles = new map<Id, OpportunityContactRole>();

//select OpportunityContactRoles for the opportunities with contact role required 

List<OpportunityContactRole> roles = [select OpportunityId, IsPrimary from OpportunityContactRole
        where (OpportunityContactRole.IsPrimary = True and OpportunityContactRole.OpportunityId
        in :oppy_contact.keySet())];

for (OpportunityContactRole ocr : roles) {
        //puts the contact roles in the map with the Opportunity ID as the key
        oppycontactroles.put(ocr.OpportunityId,ocr);
    }

// Loop through the opportunities and check if they exists in the contact roles map or contact role isn't required    
    for (Opportunity oppy : system.trigger.new) {
        //system.debug('List oppy Id - '+oppy.id);
        if  (oppy.contact_required__c ==1 && !oppycontactroles.containsKey(oppy.id))
        {
            oppy.addError('No Primary Contact has been added to the opportunity. Please go to the Contact Roles and select a primary contact.');       
        }
    } //for    
 }