function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Chaminga DissanayakeChaminga Dissanayake 

Setting View All Access for Customer Community Plus User

My org has External Sharing Model enabled. It has Custom object with Default External Access set to Private.

User-added image

Now I need that custom object to be shared with (read access) all users in specific profile.

Since the user is Community Plus, I'm unable to set View All permission on object level. Sharing rule can't be use with a profile.

User-added image

How do i achive this requirement ?
Heather ThompsonHeather Thompson
You cannot set View All on a community profile, you can only make the object public to your community users in general.

If you don't need standard functionality, you can try getting around this with custom apex classes that use "without sharing" - However you cannot directly show the data on a Visualfoce page as Visualforce will still enforce your sharing model (lightning components won't - yet), but you could transform the data in your class. But be aware - if your code needs to go through a security review "without sharing" will get flagged and it's not best practice by any means. 
@Heather I need that object to be private for other profiles.
You won't be able to set view all on the profile, but you should be able to use sharing rules to effectively accomplish the same thing
@Heather Sharing rule can't be applied in profile level. Since it's portal user, role is dynamic.
You should be able to move everyone into that profile into a public group. Other than that you can try Apex sharing. 

There's not going to be a good standard way to do this though. Any solution is going to be a workaround to something Salesforce doesn't really want you to do.
samrat gvsamrat gv

Hi Chaminga Dissanayake,

did you find any solution, i am in the same boat as you were. when we customer community license, we used view all permission for a custom object and now we upgraded to customer community plus license and I cannot see viw all permission in profile for that object.

how to give existing users view all permission on that object while upgrading to customer community plus license