function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Joward CastilloJoward Castillo 

Step by step guide to finish Module 2 of Process Automation Trailhead - Automate Basic Business Processes with Process Builder.

To those who still struggle . . . :-)
Just follow according to number.

User-added image

User-added image

User-added image

User-added image

User-added image

https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/?id=906F0000000B2C0IAK
https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/?id=9060G000000ICinQAG

Hope you find it helpful.
Pralhad ArgadePralhad Argade

@Joward Castillo YOU ROCK!!! User-added image
Elvin Wilmer 1Elvin Wilmer 1
Thanks for posting this. I tried this one three times with no luck. 
David GranadosDavid Granados
Thanks so much. Most of that was not discussed in the trail. Hmm?
Christian SchwabeChristian Schwabe
The best solution i've found! Thank you so much.
David Nava 2David Nava 2
Yep, works as advertised...FINALLY! Thanks Joward!
Mohammed Jakvan BhoiraMohammed Jakvan Bhoira
Mr. Joward Castillo Thank you very much for help me. I tried all the steps and did whole process step by step but I still stuck with this error. "An update to an account record failed to update the mailing address fields of all child contact records. Make sure that the process is correct and that it is activated." I tried and tried and crearted many new process to solve even though I created new trailhead playground to solve this problem but I still got same error. What should I do?
Manmeet Singh 52Manmeet Singh 52
Tried the same way as Mohammed Jakvan Bhoira said. Still getting the same error.
Amit BediAmit Bedi
Hi All,

I am facing the error for Automate Simple Business Processes with Process Builder
Challenge not yet complete... here's what's wrong:
There was an unexpected error in your org which is preventing this assessment check from completing: System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: REQUIRED_FIELD_MISSING, Required fields are missing: [Loan_Amount__c]: [Loan_Amount__c]

Can anybody help.....
Amit BediAmit Bedi
Got the solution:
Setup-->Object Manager --> Choose (Contact)-->Fields-->Edit(Loan_Amount__c]) and uncheck required 
Martin FabiánMartin Fabián
Hi I wanna also say that this helped me a lot. I started with the same logic but there has been just validation rule from previous lesson that I didn´t read carefully and then I tried some other mambo jumbo steps not logical from other members but finnally this is done for me. I had to deactivate this validation rule and here we go. Thanks :-)
Neal Pimentel 7Neal Pimentel 7
Thank you so much for this. I was stuck for the longest time. Estimated 30 minutes my butt.
Louis XavierLouis Xavier
Joward Castillo you deserve a great appreciation - Owesome with step by step in numbering:
Berenike KassabBerenike Kassab
Thank you so much for this. I tried three times and I keep receiving this error message: There was an unexpected error in your org which is preventing this assessment check from completing: System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: CANNOT_EXECUTE_FLOW_TRIGGER, We can't save this record because the “Update child records” process failed. Give your Salesforce admin these details. <b>An unhandled fault has occurred in this flow</b><br>An unhandled fault has occurred while processing the flow. Please contact your system administrator for more information. Error ID: 524434520-18135 (882347723): []

Anyone else experience this?
Alex FoxAlex Fox
First time I had to search for help lol thank you so much!!!! Worked as shown :')
涛 韓 2涛 韓 2
If you can change the page from other language to english language then try it once again, it will be right.

英語の環境で上記手順を通りにやってみて、問題が解決できました。
paul clearpaul clear
@Joward Castillo -- SAVIOR!!!
Yen CheeYen Chee
Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou a thousand times over! I've been on it for nearly a whole day now - goes to show that the simplest solutions are usually the best!
Nicola AddeoNicola Addeo
Hello
thank you  so much,i have tryied but i have this error message 
There was an unexpected error in your org which is preventing this assessment check from completing: System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: FIELD_CUSTOM_VALIDATION_EXCEPTION, error Contact must be in Account ZIP Code: []

can you help me to understand what was wrong?
Tuvshinjargal BatsurenTuvshinjargal Batsuren
I've tried all ways but failed and still getting this message. Please help.
Challenge not yet complete in Admin Edition
An update to an account record failed to update the mailing address fields of all child contact records. Make sure that the process is correct and that it is activated.
Jane SuttonJane Sutton
Thank you so much for the step by guide to help me pass this challenge. i failed miserably without your help
Wanatbodee BuriwongWanatbodee Buriwong
Hello Trailblazers,
For those who follow exact the same steps that Joward provided, but still doesn't work (Make sure there's no typo). I infer that there might be something wrong with your playground environment. It might caused by what you created in the previous execises. 

For my case, I made sure that I followed every steps and It still did not work. I spent hours trying to fix the issue, but it's difficult since the error message doesn't tell me much.

I then created a new playground. I did the exact same things and it worked !
Give it a shot It might help you.
Good luck !
User-added image

Veeravenkata Garapati 1Veeravenkata Garapati 1
Hello,
I am facing the below error even after done all the steps as mentioned above:

Challenge not yet complete in My Trailhead Playground 1
We updated the shipping address in an account record, but we can’t find the new address values in each child contact’s mailing address. Make sure the process is active.

Can anyone suggest solution for this without creating new playground....
John Simon 8John Simon 8
Getting same error as Veeravenkata, 

Challenge not yet complete in Resourceful Bear Playground
We updated the shipping address in an account record, but we can’t find the new address values in each child contact’s mailing address. Make sure the process is active.

Could you advise
A V 32A V 32
I am getting this same error:

Challenge not yet complete in My Trailhead Playground 1

Tried exact same steps as listed by JC above. Frustrated.

Can someone help please???
Maxwell PorteMaxwell Porte
to everyone that did it exactly like these steps advise, and they're getting this error: We updated the shipping address in an account record, but we can’t find the new address values in each child contact’s mailing address. Make sure the process is active.

I fixed it by deleting the verifications I made on the Account and Contact in previous steps. I hope this helps some people :)
shubham bhardwaj 51shubham bhardwaj 51
Here is a quick short detailed video with a scenario explanation for this challenge hope this helps you
Automate Business Process with Process Builder  (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mcs79jAOsb4)
Thanks
shubham bhardwaj 51shubham bhardwaj 51
Here is a quick short detailed video with a scenario explanation for this challenge hope this helps you
Automate Business Process with Process Builder (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mcs79jAOsb4
Thanks
Tushar Singh 23Tushar Singh 23
Hi Trailblazers,

SOLUTION FOR THE TRAILHEAD CHALLENGE- "Create a process to automate field updates"
Process Name - Update Contact Address
Object -Object - Account
             Start the process - when a record is created or edited
             Advanced - Leave as default
Criteria - Criteria Name - Account Shipping Address Changes
               Criteria - Conditions are met
               Set Conditions - 
                    Field - Account > Shipping City, Country, Zip/Postal Code, State/Province, Street
                    Operator - Is null, Is changed
                    Type - Boolean
                    Value - False, True (with respect to the operator)
               Conditions - Any of the conditions are met (OR)
               Advanced - Leave it as default
User-added image
Action - Immediate Action Immediate Action
               Action Name - Update Contact Mailing Address
               Record - Account > Contacts
               Criteria for Updating Records - No criteria—just update the records
               Set new field values - 
                    Field - Mailing City, Country, Zip/Postal Code, State/Province, Street
                    Type - Field Reference
                    Value - Shipping City, Country, Zip/Postal Code, State/Province, Street

IF THE ABOVE SOLUTION THROWS THIS ERROR- We updated the shipping address in an account record, but we can’t find the new address values in each child contact’s mailing address. Make sure the process is active.

To successfully complete and verify the challenge, the testcase needs to run first. The org has Validation Rules created on the Account and Contact Object that are casuing error.
Check Validation Rules on Account and Contact Object > Deactivate the rules :> Uncheck the Active Checkbox to Deactivate
  • Account_Number_8_Characters
  • Contact_must_be_in_Account_ZIP_Code
Thanks
PS: If my answer helps you to solve your problem please mark it as best answer. It will help other trailbalzers too.