function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Amit Agrawal 83Amit Agrawal 83 

Unable to install APP from appexchange

Hi

I am on the Admin beginner module and currently on the last exercise where i need to install the app from appexchange. But whenever i try to get it now it prompts me for the credentials and i provide Playful credentials and it is not working.
Please advice what are the correct steps for the same

Thanks
Amit
NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Amit,

Sorry for this issue you are encountering.

When trying to install an App from the AppExchange in Sandbox, you will be prompted to login to the AppExchange. ***The login for this must be your login to Production as a System Administrator, otherwise, you will receive an error stating that you do not have the authorization. If you try to use you sandbox login while the URL is set to login.salesforce.com it will state your username or password is incorrect. If you try to update the URL to test.salesforce.com, you will receive an error stating there was a problem with the authentication attempt.

So the proper steps from the Appexchange are as follows:
  • Select the app
  • Click "Get this App"
  • From the Login screen use your Production Administrator Username and Password
  • You will be asked if you want to install in Production or a Sandbox
  • From this Login screen use the Sandbox Administrator Username and Password
  • You will then be in the Sandbox install area and can continue.
here's a guide to help you. Also, double check the below permissions.
  1. Download AppExchange Packages
  2. Create AppExchange Packages
  3. Upload AppExchange Packages
Hope this helps.

Kindly mark this as solved if it;s resolved so that it gets removed from the unanswered queue which results in helping others who are encountering a similar issue.

Thanks,
Nagendra
M Ali 9M Ali 9
HI I had same issue and took me days to figure out.  However I have finally manged with bit of luck and googling.  and that's it. It worked. You will need password as you will be asked when installing apps from App Exchange which isn't in the instruction of this lesson.Hope they update soon.
Amit Agrawal 83Amit Agrawal 83
Hi Ali,

I did the same thing, i have reset the pwd for trailhead and when i am logged in the APP exchange and trying to install the app in sandbox it is again prompting for the credentials and it is not accepting any credentials.
Link for that login page changes test.salesforce after clicking on sandbox. 
I tried to do the installation on Production and it worked. I am not sure what is wrong with installation on sandbox.

Thanks
Amit
Ferddus Humayon 6Ferddus Humayon 6
Hi All,

Figured out a great solution! You need to delete your cache but if like me you don't want to do that then simply go onto private browser and install the app. Worked perfectly

Thanks

Ferddus
Miguel SuárezMiguel Suárez
Had the same issue as all of you, and after a long and frustrating fight trying to find the way to install something..., the solution of Ferddus works fine for me.
Thanks a lot peolple!!!
Tarek BarodiTarek Barodi
hej Ferddus,  private browser and install the app does not worked and i am still can not download the app and i refuce to clear the cache
Zoltan von Dienes-OehmZoltan von Dienes-Oehm

I had a difficult time with this as well - after pressing Get It Now, it asked me to log in using Salesforce.  Remember, this is very different as being logged in using LinkedIn!  This is what I did and it finally worked:
1: screenshot the installation-process in the training and paste it into Word or something (trust me).
2. Log out (now you know why you needed to screenshot it).
3. In the fresh browser (after closing ALL of them), go to the app exchange (appexchange.saleforce.com) and search for the app
4. Get it Now
5. Log in (left one in Trailhead). Important!!! DO NOT LOG IN USING LINKEDIn or ANYTHING OTHER THAN SALESFORCE. You'll be "sent" an authentication code that you'll never receive.  Logging in using Salesforce allows for a password entry.  Log in using the username of your Trailhead (follow directions looking for it in USERS if you don't know it).
After you log in - you'll FINALLY be given the option to install it in Production and etc...

Hope this helps someone.

Suraj Tripathi 47Suraj Tripathi 47

Hi Amit,

Here is the steps for the appexchange:
Select the app
Click "Get this App"
step01:From the Login screen use your Production Administrator Username and Password
step02:You will be asked if you want to install in Production or a Sandbox
step03:From this Login screen use the Sandbox Administrator Username and Password
step04:You will then be in the Sandbox install area and can continue.

for more information go to the below link:
https://login.salesforce.com/help/pdfs/en/salesforce_appexchange_install_guide.pdf

If you find your Solution then mark this as the best answer.

Thank you!

Regards,
  Suraj Tripathi