function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Stefanie BayerStefanie Bayer 

Module "Picklist Administration" Error challenge 3

Finishing the last challenge of the picklist administration Trailhead Module results in an error message, I cannot solve - see screenshot. Any ideas? I promoted the field to a global picklist, created the new field based on the global value set as requested...

User-added image
Best Answer chosen by Stefanie Bayer
Eric JJ van HorssenEric JJ van Horssen
Just checked with a colleague with the same issue, he also followed the steps in the text, and has two global value sets, it seems this was not accounted for, make sure yoiu only have the one global value set.

All Answers

Chelsee K WorrellChelsee K Worrell
I to get this same error message and have followed the steps exactly
Corrina CohenCorrina Cohen
I also have this same error and even had our current SF Admin confirm I did everything correctly. 
Did you create other fields, with almost the same name, for testing or so?

Looking at the error, it states "result size 2"

I suppose, the check tries to whether you have the field, and is expecting only one result, but it gets two.

For me this one worked without a hitch
Just checked with a colleague with the same issue, he also followed the steps in the text, and has two global value sets, it seems this was not accounted for, make sure yoiu only have the one global value set.
This was selected as the best answer
Stefanie BayerStefanie Bayer
Thanks Eric, that was the issue. I created a second global value set going through the module.
Ning XuNing Xu
I have another global value set "Flavors" for two fields, " Macaron Flavor" and "Shirt" besides the "ingredients" global value set. Does it mean that I need to delete "Flavors" to pass the challenge?
Since Ingredients is not part of the challenge but the description, that one can be deleted
Ning XuNing Xu
I hit delete and it shows "This global picklist is used by 1 or more custom fields. Remove the usage and try again." How to remove the usage of the field please?
@Ning Xu assuming, this is just your test playground, delete the picklist first.

(I do not know of an option to make a picklist, not depended on the global value set)
Shukla YogeshShukla Yogesh
I struggled in debugging this step today. I think Trailhead API needs to be corrected. @Chris Duarte

I created a fresh org and tried to pass this challenge and there were pre-existing set values and those were referenced at multiple places.
@Ning- You can try same way as it could be difficult to see delete all the dependent references.
Carlos SiqueiraCarlos Siqueira
I tried the same. The 3rd step tells you to tells you to promote the values from the Macaron picklist into a globals picklist and you can't because it already exists.
Try this:
  1. Get a DE org that you have not attempted this before;
  2. Create the global picklist Flavors
  3. Create the picklist field Macaron Flavor and use the globals picklist Flavors
  4. Create the picklist Shirt and use the globals picklist Flavors
This worked for me after I tried at 2 other DE  orgs.
Ning XuNing Xu
Thank you for the information everyone. I just launched a new playground to redo the challenge and got over with it without any problems.
Sudarshan Somayaji KSudarshan Somayaji K
I was having the same problem but it allowed me to pass the challenge, after i delete the other global picklist value sets. However as per the comments from @Eric JJ van Horssen, verify whether you have only one global picklist value set. Just maintain the "Flavors" picklist, delete other picklist value sets. Then it will allow you to pass the challenge.
Yoav Korn 14Yoav Korn 14
@Carlos Siquera - thanks, your solution worked best for me.
mark munnekemark munneke
I am completing this and in the directions I am reading there is no mention of global value set. The following task mentions global sets. I was able to complete this by creating a new playground and redoing the challenge and then it worked fine.
Maxym MaxMaxym Max
Hello guys! Try to make it in
object --> '' Products ''
  field --> '' Macaron Flavor ''
and etc.
Leandro Camargo 9Leandro Camargo 9

In my case, as my language is Portuguese, Trailhead always says to translate to English to garantee everything runs fine.

But, at this challenge (1, 2 and 3), just passed when I inserted the values and Label Name in Portuguese (it was the 1st time I saw this happens)

Priyanka AkrePriyanka Akre
Step not yet complete in My Trailhead Playground 1
We could not find an OAuth authorization for the connected app ‘Salesforce CLI’. Authorize your Dev Hub org with the Salesforce CLI.
Please help mw eith this error.
Thank you