function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Edward SiegelEdward Siegel 

The 'Opportunity_Progress__c' formula field does not exist or is not of type 'Number'

These are the instructions:
Create a formula that shows where an Opportunity is in the pipeline.
Create a formula field that classifies an Opportunity as either “Early”, “Middle”, or “Late”. This formula field should use TODAY() to calculate what percentage of the time between an opportunity’s CreatedDate and CloseDate has passed, and label the opportunity accordingly.
This formula should be on the Opportunity object
This formula should be named 'Opportunity Progress' with the resulting API name Opportunity_Progress__c
This formula should return 'Early' if less than or equal to 25% of an opportunity has passed
This formula should return 'Middle' if between 25% and 75% of an opportunity has passed
This formula should return 'Late' if more than 75% of an opportunity has passed
This formula should reference a helper formula field, also on the Opportunity Object, with the type Percent and the name Percent Completed
Percent Completed should return the percentage of the time that has passed between an opportunity’s CreatedDate and CloseDate

This is the Error:
Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
The 'Opportunity_Progress__c' formula field does not exist or is not of type 'Number'

If the formula is supposed to return "Early", "middle", or "Late", how can it be a number?  it has to be text.  Everything is working as I expect it to, but I can't pass the trial.
Am I missing something?
Wilfredo Morillo 20Wilfredo Morillo 20
You need 2 formulas:

formula1 (Opportunity Progress)= text: 
IF(Percent_Completed__c> 75, 
'Late', 
IF(Percent_Completed__c< 25,'Middle','Early'))
formula2  (Percent Completed) = percentage :
(TODAY() - DATEVALUE(CreatedDate))/(CloseDate -DATEVALUE(CreatedDate))
Edward SiegelEdward Siegel
Yes…I had the 2 formulae. In fact I had everything correct…except the spelling of Progress Sorry for the false alarm.
Wilfredo Morillo 20Wilfredo Morillo 20
Can you mark my answer as best. If it was helpful for you.
THanks, 
Chetna Tiwari 1Chetna Tiwari 1
I am also facing an issue while completing the same trailhead.
Create a formula that shows where an Opportunity is in the pipeline.

Requirments:
​Create a formula field that classifies an Opportunity as either “Early”, “Middle”, or “Late”. This formula field should use TODAY() to calculate what percentage of the time between an opportunity’s CreatedDate and CloseDate has passed, and label the opportunity accordingly.
This formula should be on the Opportunity object
This formula should be named 'Opportunity Progress' with the resulting API name Opportunity_Progress__c
This formula should return 'Early' if less than or equal to 25% of an opportunity has passed
This formula should return 'Middle' if between 25% and 75% of an opportunity has passed
This formula should return 'Late' if more than 75% of an opportunity has passed
This formula should reference a helper formula field, also on the Opportunity Object, with the type Percent and the name Percent Completed
Percent Completed should return the percentage of the time that has passed between an opportunity’s CreatedDate and CloseDate

I have created two formula fields:
1.   Percent Completed 
              Return Type: Percentage
              Formula: ( TODAY() - DATEVALUE( CreatedDate ) ) / ( CloseDate - DATEVALUE( CreatedDate ) )
2.   Opportunity Progress
              Return Type: text
              Formula: IF(  Percent_Completed__c <= 25, "Early", IF( Percent_Completed__c > 75, "Late", "Middle") )

But I am getting error stated below:
Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance
Chetna
Shivam KanjiyaShivam Kanjiya
Yes, I had typo in the Opportunity Progress (I had it spelt Progess). Therefore the challege could not find Opportunity_Progress__C. If formulas are working check for spelling errors.