function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Kingfish56 (TVH)Kingfish56 (TVH) 

I need to give our R&D Architect access to VisualForce.

Our R&D Architect is work on a project with a corporate partner.  They are working on creating a custom VisualForce based app but his profile does not support "developer mode".  The setting he needs seem to be available only to the Sys Admin.  

Can I create a developer profile that would give him access?
Ryan GreeneRyan Greene
Personally I would create a developer Sandbox and give them access there. That way you can monitor their progress and deploy only the things you need. And yes, create a new profile. Clone the Sys Admin profile, then take away things they won't need. For example, you could take away View all Data, Run Reports, and other things you wouldn't need the developer performing. It is a very long list of things so make tsure to read through them all. Make sure they do have access to View setup and configuration. Unfortunately with that setting they could go in and change their profile info, but will need it to develope VF and Apex
Kingfish56 (TVH)Kingfish56 (TVH)
Thank you Ryan!  I did create a Developers Sandbox for them to work from but it didn't even cross my mind to clone the Admin profile and unselect the config & setup options for them.