function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
jagjit Singh 17jagjit Singh 17 

Does anyone has made use of the CMS connect feature for Wordpress platform in salesforce community?

The CMS connect feature caters the HTML fragments/components movement from a CMS platform source.

The issue I am facing is that CMS source provides Wordpress as a standard option, but Wordpress only supports PHP components and I got an error when trying to include the Header and Footer PHP components via CMS connect.

Kindly assist if anyone knows a workaround.

Stephen ChanStephen Chan
did you enter server url, root path and component path correctly?

Thank you for the reply, Stephan.

It seemed to me, I input the correct values.

But it would help me if you can provide any help regarding the CMS connection with Wordpress platform.

Thanks,
Jagjit 
Rick UptonRick Upton
Hi Jagjit, did you ever figure this out? My coworker ran into the same issue.
Nishant KhandelwalNishant Khandelwal
Hi Jagjit, were you able to configure the CMS connect to get header and footer from wordpress cms, please let me know if you did.

Regards,
Nishant

Hi,

@Rick and @Nishant, no I was not able to configure the CMS connect to the WordPress platform. The issue I was facing is that header and footer components are in PHP format in WordPress and CMS only supports HTML and JSON.

One thing though, can you try creating an HTML page in WordPress which would only contain a static header content and give its path in the community CMS feature.

Thanks,
Jagjit

Dave ChisholmDave Chisholm
Hi Jagjit, I have successfully added a .jsp page to my community portal so I don't think the extension is the problem.  Can you share the link to the php components your trying to add? It could be that they contain tags that are not allowed by CMS Connect...like <script> and such.

Marty BremerMarty Bremer
@Dave, can you share what steps you had to take to make this work?  I have created a bootstrap html and uploaded it to CMS, which I can access via browser with no issues.  However, when I try to use the CMS HTML component in Community Builder and follow the instructions for confirguation, it returns this same error message.  I have whitelisted the domain in CORS and Remote Site within Salesforce, and also entered the community domain in CORS on my CMS.