function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
WDCi NatWDCi Nat 

AppExchange App Development

How to set up for the Package an AppExchange App Trailhead Challenge?

Can anyone help me?  I'm trying to complete a Trail Challenge and am unable to get an Environment Hub app to do this.  In the earlier module "Understand the AppExchange Development Landscape" it says to:
To set up your development management org:
Use the Environment Hub in your business org (1) to create a Partner Development Edition (PDE) org (2).
When you have the new PDE org, file a case in the Partner Community to request the Environment Hub app in the new org (3). This may take a couple of days"

And in the "Get Started with the AppExchange Partner Program" module, it says to:
Go to partnersignup.salesforce.com.
Click Join the Partner Community.
Request an AppExchange Partner Program account.
If you already have a Salesforce account, choose Log In with Salesforce (1).
Enter your login credentials. If you have multiple Salesforce accounts, log in with the username that you use most often in your day-to-day work. You can use most Salesforce accounts, including those associated with any CRM edition org, a Developer Edition org, or a trial org. Don’t log in using an account associated with a sandbox.
Click the login button.

So, I followed those steps and got a response from the Partner Operations community that says I can't do this:
"Unfortunately, only approved Partners can get full access to the Partner Community to log cases. They go through 4-6 weeks of due diligence with Legal and have to pay a sizable fee to get in as well. Given this, I don't think you'll be able to complete this particular objective"

So, if I can't actually get access to the Partner Community to get an Enivornment Hub, how do I complete the Challenge?

Cheers, Nat
Best Answer chosen by WDCi Nat
WDCi NatWDCi Nat

Hi Jigarshah,

Thanks for replying.  I had already created a new DEV Org and couldn't see the steps:

Go to the Setup menu.
On the Force.com home page, click Add App.
Fill out the App Quick Start page as follows

So I naturally assumed the rest of those steps copied above were required before I could see it, and that's why I needed to post.  I knew the Environment Hub was for Partners and it involved fees, but that's not clearly stated in the Trailhead.

However, someone on StackExhange explained the simplest answer there could be - switch from Lightning into Classic!!  It's a tricky, but it caught me out :( 

I think that the Trailhead instructions are poorly worded, and I doubt I'm the first person to be caught out by the "need" to get an Environment Hub!!

All Answers

jigarshahjigarshah
WDCi Nat,

In order to complete the Trailhead challenge # 1 stated above, you can also use a regular Developer Edition Org. The only difference between a regular DE and a Partner DE is the latter offers greater storage space. I think you should be able to do this unless there is an explicit mandate enforced to only use PDE orgs. You can navigate to Settings > Connect an Org within your Trailhead account to link your personal DE org to complete the said trailhead module.

Envrionment Hub is a Salesforce provided app that enables creation of different editions and types of Salesforce orgs and are only created for Salesforce ISV Partners.

You or your organization will need to become a Salesforce Partner which invovles signing up a Partnership agreement along wiht the partnership fees to get access to Envrionment Hub.

Please mark the thread as SOLVED and answer as the BEST ANSWER if it helps address your issue.
WDCi NatWDCi Nat

Hi Jigarshah,

Thanks for replying.  I had already created a new DEV Org and couldn't see the steps:

Go to the Setup menu.
On the Force.com home page, click Add App.
Fill out the App Quick Start page as follows

So I naturally assumed the rest of those steps copied above were required before I could see it, and that's why I needed to post.  I knew the Environment Hub was for Partners and it involved fees, but that's not clearly stated in the Trailhead.

However, someone on StackExhange explained the simplest answer there could be - switch from Lightning into Classic!!  It's a tricky, but it caught me out :( 

I think that the Trailhead instructions are poorly worded, and I doubt I'm the first person to be caught out by the "need" to get an Environment Hub!!

This was selected as the best answer
jigarshahjigarshah
WDCi Nat,

Were you able to get this working leaving aside the Salesfocre Partnership part of it? If yes, great!
WDCi NatWDCi Nat
I haven't had time to attempt the Challenge, Jigarshah, but I could see the "Add App" option, so that's a step further than I'd been before!!