function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Daniel QuinnDaniel Quinn 

How to access Salesforce Files without Chatter enabled?

We have recently enabled support for Salesforce Files in our app however some of our clients do not want to enable Chatter for some users.

It seems enabling Chatter is a requirement to use Salesforce Files.

Our only solution appears to be to restrict those clients to only use Attachments rather than Salesforce Files.

Has anyone found a way around this?

As a developer I don't seem to be able to log a ticket with Salesforce to request this enhancement.  I am a newbie so maybe I just haven't been able to find the right channel. (And apologies if I have posted this in the wrong forum).

Your help would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks, Dan

Rahul KumarRahul Kumar (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Daniel,

Files Without Chatter May I suggest you please refer the below link for reference. Let us know if it helps.

Please mark it as best answer if the information is informative.so that question is removed from an unanswered question and appear as a proper solution.

Thanks
Rahul Kumar
NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Daniel,

May I suggest you please check with below help document from Salesforce which might help you accelerate further with the above requirement. Please let us know if this helps.

Kindly mark this as solved if it's resolved.

Thanks,
Nagendra
Rahul Gawale 26Rahul Gawale 26
Because you might have enabled Profile-Based Chatter Rollout, you can't access Salesforce files without chatter. but there is a workaround, you can enable chatter and take out the chatter tab access and feed on the page layouts, visit more details => Access Salesforce Files without chatter after enabling Profile-Based Chatter Rollout (https://www.forcetrails.com/2022/03/access-files-without-chatter-profile-based-rollout.html)