function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Janet Putnam 2Janet Putnam 2 

Error while verifying this challenge "Create a Validation Rule"

The module is Improve Data Quality for a Cleaning supply App, the step is Create a Validation Rule. I get the typical unexpected error while verifying. I created a new playground, got the same error. I opened the developer console to look at the log created when clicking the verify button and no log shows up. I opened an old trusty playground and without completing the step I just clicked the button, same error ( I would have expected a this field doesn't exist error) and no log created. 

It's almost like the verify step button is broke.
NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Janet,

Sorry for this issue you are encountering.

May I request you please confirm if you are using a brand new developer org for validating the challenge?

If you are using a brand new developer org then please double check that your org doesn't have a namespace enabled.

Still, if the problem persists log out of all accounts and log in once again in a different browser by clearing the cache and cookies which should probably do the trick.

Please let us know if this helps.

Mark this as solved if it's resolved.

Thanks,
Nagendra
Thomas Elmström 7Thomas Elmström 7
Having the same issue as well
User-added image
Thomas Elmström 7Thomas Elmström 7

Fixed it my removing spaces in the formula (the picture in the module gives incorrect information)

User-added image

Nagendra,
I created a brand new playground for this challenge. This is not a DE (I get an error when trying to create a DE).
I tried it on a completly different computer (so no cache issues) and had the same result.

Thomas,
You had a different error than mine. Glad you got your solved.
User-added image

So I got through this one. In the process of another trail I had to create a new DE and I used that instead of a regular Trailhead Playground and it passed. It shouldn't have made a difference but it did.