function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Jérôme PijpersJérôme Pijpers 

copy number field to number field

Hey There,

Another question from me (sorry for overwhelming you in here, it's just I'm doing my first project all alone)
I would like to do a field update in process builder from a custom Number field to another custom number field

I used process builder and my second line is updating ( that's just a text field to a text field)User-added image(so criteria are fine) See screenshot. 

Is there something different when updating a custom number field to another custom number field ?
Do i need to use a formula ?
Both custom number fields can have up to 18 numbers, i don't understand why it;'s not updating....any idea's ?
Best Answer chosen by Jérôme Pijpers
Suraj TripathiSuraj Tripathi

Hi Jelly, 

Below is the screenshot for the same. I have used a standard Object 'Opportunity' in which we have 2 custom fields (Total_Bounty __c and Margin_Earned__c which are both the number type field). So I have made a process builder which is updating the  Total_Bounty __c data into Margin_Earned__c.

Screenshot :

In Start the process: Select when a record is created or Edited.
User-added image

In Criteria for Executing Action: select Condition is met
In Set Condition: In the field, i have use Custom field (Bounty__C).
User-added image

In Criteria for Updating Record: No Criteria - just update the record.
In Set new field values for the records, you update: In  Field, I have use Custom field (MarginEarned__C, TYPE (Reference) and in Value (Bounty__c)).

User-added image

Regard,
Suraj

All Answers

Hi Jelly, 

Below is the screenshot for the same. I have used a standard Object 'Opportunity' in which we have 2 custom fields (Total_Bounty __c and Margin_Earned__c which are both the number type field). So I have made a process builder which is updating the  Total_Bounty __c data into Margin_Earned__c.

Screenshot :

In Start the process: Select when a record is created or Edited.
User-added image

In Criteria for Executing Action: select Condition is met
In Set Condition: In the field, i have use Custom field (Bounty__C).
User-added image

In Criteria for Updating Record: No Criteria - just update the record.
In Set new field values for the records, you update: In  Field, I have use Custom field (MarginEarned__C, TYPE (Reference) and in Value (Bounty__c)).

User-added image

Regard,
Suraj

This was selected as the best answer

awesome , thank you.

Do you think Reach Formula ABS(customnumberfield) will work out as well ?

Hi Jelly,
Yes, you can also copy the data as well. But then, the problem will be that you can not edit that field. It will remain the Output type Feilds.

Below is the screenshot as well. I tried working and yes it's perfectly working.
User-added image
Select Account in select field type and  Select Insert Merge Field in Insert Field.
User-added image

User-added image

Regards,
Suraj

Thank you very much Suraj for your quick and thorough answers, really appreciated :)

Thank you, Jelly for selecting my answer as best. It's my pleasure to help you.