function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Mikko KoskenkorvaMikko Koskenkorva 

Can't create new object in Schema Builder in playground, error: "The value of the "le" parameter contains a character..."

Hi!

I'm working on a Trailhead module Data modelling\Work with a schema builder. I've created a playground for the module and when I'm creating new object in the Schema builder I get an error:

The value of the "le" parameter contains a character that is not allowed or the value exceeds the maximum allowed length. Remove the character from the parameter value or reduce the value length and resubmit. If the error still persists, report it to our Customer Support team. Provide the URL of the page you were requesting as well as any other related information.

If I type something different in the object parameters, the error message sometimes changes to start with

The value of the "to" parameter...

Am I doing something wrong or is there a glitch in the system?

NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Mikko,

May I request you please confirm the object name which you are specifying to create using schema builder so that we can look into it and check if all the parameters are valid or not will also cross-check if the length of the object is within the limit or not.

Happy to help further.

Let us know if you have any queries

Thanks,
Nagendra

Hi Nagendra, thank you for fast reply!

Here are the object names I tried:

• Service Contract
  • Contract
  • A

As further detail, I was using the Lighting experience for this excercise.

Thanks,
Mikko

Kati LillstrangKati Lillstrang
Hi! 
Did you find a solution or a workaroud to this problem?
I faced the exact same problem while trying to create an object in schema builder as a part of the trailhead exercise. Absolutely annoying :-(
Hi Kati,

unfortunately I didn't find a solution to this. I had to skip that excercise in the end :/
Hi Nagendra,

this issue seems to still stand valid. However, I was able to pass the exercise of that training module as it didn't require creating new objects.
Vladislav BarsamovVladislav Barsamov
Hello!
I've managed to add the object in the Schema Builder after getting the exact same error.
What I did is closed the adding dialog - with Cancel and refreshed the page (as with F5). I was able to add the exact same object after that.
I am using Chrome by the way. Hope this helps.
Thanks Vladislav! I'll give your suggestion a spin when I get time to go through the excercises again.
Philipe PerisséPhilipe Perissé
Good evening all,

I am facing the same problem as mentionned above.
Unfortunately none of the 2 solutions proposed work.
I am using Chrome but the problem also occurs with Firefox.
The issue was raised in 2017 and no serious fix has been proposed since then.

I wish someone could find a solution because the pb is quite ennoying

Many thanks
Philippe

Shamel AddasShamel Addas
Here is the workaround that worked for me: Instead of creating the object from the schema builder, go to Object Manager under Objects and Fields. On the top right, click on Create and then Custom Object. Fill the fields as you normally would and it should work.
Christophe BandiniChristophe Bandini

Hi all,

same issue here also with the Schema Builder ad the Trailhead module. For info I'm on Chromebook with Chrome OS Version 75.0.3770.129 - 64 bits. Hope it helps.

Gloria Ines HurtadoGloria Ines Hurtado
Hello all, don´t ask why but refresh with "F5" and try again, It worked for me. Hope it helps.