function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
gautam sindamgautam sindam 

Migrate my Trailhead points from old username to new username

I had 4000 points in my username: goutham2589@gmail.com. due to some issues, I couldn't login using that username. so, I created new username gautam@sindam.com . I want to migrate my points to new username account. how?

Thanks in advance! 
Best Answer chosen by gautam sindam
Dev_AryaDev_Arya
Hi Gautam,
I know how this feels. I once lost 12K points :-P , but I got them back. This is a usual request for Trailhead support people. 
Anyways, there are two ways of getting your points back. Please try the first method and only if you couldn't solve your problem with it, then try the alternative way:
1. Check out the self merge functionality of Trailhead:
From your new account go to settings, and there you can find the merge option. It will ask you to mention your From account (old account). This should work for merge. More information here.
https://force.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/2896953-trailhead-self-service-account-merge?b_id=13478
Otherwise, method 2.

2. Please email to trailhead@salesforce.com with your user id of From and To account.
To get the user ID: go to ur trailhead profile. The last 18 digits of the URL are your user id. 
As you mentioned you cannot login, I am assuming, your org is expired or you mistakenly used a 30 day trail org for your trailhead (otherwise please state the exact error you are getting). In this case you can provide the usernames in the email and subject being "Account merge".
Most probably Salesforce will refer you back to the link I mentioned in the 1st method but you can reply them and tell them the exact reason why you could not use it as you cannot login. 

Hope this help.

Cheers,
Dev

All Answers

Dev_AryaDev_Arya
Hi Gautam,
I know how this feels. I once lost 12K points :-P , but I got them back. This is a usual request for Trailhead support people. 
Anyways, there are two ways of getting your points back. Please try the first method and only if you couldn't solve your problem with it, then try the alternative way:
1. Check out the self merge functionality of Trailhead:
From your new account go to settings, and there you can find the merge option. It will ask you to mention your From account (old account). This should work for merge. More information here.
https://force.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/2896953-trailhead-self-service-account-merge?b_id=13478
Otherwise, method 2.

2. Please email to trailhead@salesforce.com with your user id of From and To account.
To get the user ID: go to ur trailhead profile. The last 18 digits of the URL are your user id. 
As you mentioned you cannot login, I am assuming, your org is expired or you mistakenly used a 30 day trail org for your trailhead (otherwise please state the exact error you are getting). In this case you can provide the usernames in the email and subject being "Account merge".
Most probably Salesforce will refer you back to the link I mentioned in the 1st method but you can reply them and tell them the exact reason why you could not use it as you cannot login. 

Hope this help.

Cheers,
Dev
This was selected as the best answer
gautam sindamgautam sindam
Hi dev_arya,

Thank you for your quick response! your assumption is correct. I mistakenly used a 30 day trail org for my trailhead. Since I cannot login into old 30 day trailhead account, I assume first method doesn't work. 

do you recommend second method in this case?
Dev_AryaDev_Arya
Hi Gautam,

In that case, please go with second method. And I am sure they will first refer you to the link but thats obvious, they get tons of requests every day  but they are really fast to resolve such issues. I got my issue resolved in less than a day.

Cheers and happy learning.