function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Hardik BHardik B 

How to use Column Function in apex class ?

Hello All, 

Can anyone tell me, how to use the Column Function in apex class ?

I have no idea how that works. 

Thank you all in advance.
Tej PalTej Pal
Hi Hardik,

Use apex:param with apex:commandLink with Column.

If this answers your question mark Best Answer it as solution and then hit Like!
Nikhil Verma 6Nikhil Verma 6
Hi Hardik, 
Its really not clear as to what you want to use. Are you referring to the <apex:column> tag in VF page or is it something else. If you are talking about VF page, you need to use this as a child component under <apex:pageblockTable> or <apex:dataTable>

Thanks.
Hardik BHardik B
Hello, 

I'm not referring it to VF page. Infact I'm referring to the apex class column function. analytics binding developer of column.

column(myStep.selection, ["columnName"])

This is given in analytics binding developer guide. I'll share link to get you all the proper understanding of what I'm looking for.
https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.bi_dev_guide_bindings.meta/bi_dev_guide_bindings/bi_dashboard_bindings_functions_wave_designer_column.htm

Thank you in advance for your help.
Tej PalTej Pal
Hi Hardik,

You can't use column Function in apex, these are available for only for analytic builder. For apex you need to use JSON parser.

If this answers your question mark Best Answer it as solution and then hit Like!
Hardik BHardik B
Hi Tej Pal,

So, I want to get the result similar to the column function in apex. How would that be possible with JSON parser. Can you help me with it as I have no idea how that works. 

Thank you again.