function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Roberto NistiRoberto Nisti 

Automate Your Business Processes - Create Initial Submission Actions

II did everything, did double check, but when I submit to verify, the chalenge is wrong: "Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
The initial submission action is not correct for the 'Discount Approval Process'. VP approval does not appear to be required for discounts over 40% for step #2 in the process."

But it's correct, as you can see in diagram:

User-added image
Best Answer chosen by Roberto Nisti
Mike DeMariaMike DeMaria
I had this same problem.  What I found was that I missed the step in Part 1 where I needed to set my manager to Courtney Brown on the user object.  After setting that (setup/Users/whoever you are logged in as), it passed.

All Answers

Mike DeMariaMike DeMaria
I had this same problem.  What I found was that I missed the step in Part 1 where I needed to set my manager to Courtney Brown on the user object.  After setting that (setup/Users/whoever you are logged in as), it passed.
This was selected as the best answer
Oliver MuchowOliver Muchow
Thanks Mike! Worked for me too.
Roberto NistiRoberto Nisti
Thanks Mike. It worked!!!
Ronty AhmadRonty Ahmad
As Mike sayes.
in step 1 (Prepare Your Org ) Create a Role Section , After create Courtney Brown user .  There is a small  section call 'make her your manager ' task where you need to select your name (the name you login in to this Salesforce playground. not  Courtney Brown)

You’ll be reporting to Courtney, so make her your manager.
From Setup, enter User in the Quick Find box, then select Users.
Click Edit next to your name.
Under Approver Settings, click next to the Manager field and search for Courtney Brown, then click on her name.

Click Save.

User-added image
Ronty AhmadRonty Ahmad
User-added image
ShailjaShailja
Hey Guys,

I had the same problem and the solution listed worked but could someone please explain me why we had to do that ? I mean what kinda check trailhead was trying to apply for which the relation between the current user and the manager in this case "Courtney Brown" was needed to be defined ??

Regards,
Shailja
Ahmad Nawaz 10Ahmad Nawaz 10
Thank YOu @Ronty Ahmad
Joseph OlatiregunJoseph Olatiregun
Mike's solution worked for me too.
Ruchi KhareRuchi Khare
Thanks Mike!
Disha GuptaDisha Gupta
Thanks Mike!
Ganesan Sankaran 6Ganesan Sankaran 6
Thank you Mike. Your solution worked for me with Discount Percent data type as Number and Change my approval manager to Courtny Brown.
:)
Ruby HanRuby Han
Thank you so much Mike!
Celine Van RuyskensveldeCeline Van Ruyskensvelde
I have her as my manager, and I STILL get the message... Can anyone help me out with this? :( tried it twice already these past two hours and I seriously don't get it. 
izeize
As Shailja mentioned, I also would like to know why we need to assign her as our manager.