function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Manoj ParidaManoj Parida 

Event View Link Override

Hi,

I have overriden the Event View link with Vf since we have customized Event view. The issue is for archived events when I click on it, it shows error

"The data you were trying to access could not be found. It may be due to another user deleting the data or a system error. If you know the data is not deleted but cannot access it, please look at our support page."

If I remove the overriding, it works fine. Dis anyone face the same issue. Any help will be appreciated.

<apex:page standardController="Event"  > 
    <apex:includeScript value="/support/console/30.0/integration.js"/>
    <script src="{!URLFOR($Resource.jquery113)}"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript">
        var url;
    var j$ = jQuery.noConflict();
    j$(document).ready(function()
                       {
                           var urlStandardPage = "/{!URLENCODE(Event.Id)}?nooverride=1";
                           var urlStandardPageInConsole ="/apex/CustomPageForStandardEvent?id={!URLENCODE(Event.id)}";
                           window.open(urlStandardPage ,"_parent");

Manoj

NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Manoj,

Sorry for this issue you are encountering.

Do you know if there is any business logic in the controller, or workflows, processes or triggers that could be firing when you update the record? This kind of error looks to me like a developer or admin has inadvertently (or lazily!) left a hardcoded ID somewhere in the flow of work. If an ID from some record (such as to set a relationship or load default data etc.etc.) has been used that works in a sandbox environment, it will then break when moved to a production organization.... and you will get an error like this.

That would be the first place I would look anyway!

Please let us know if this helps.

Kindly mark this as solved if it's resolved.

Thanks,
Nagendra
Manoj ParidaManoj Parida
Hi Nagendra,

Thanks for reply. We didnt do anything like as you mentioned. My observation was when I remove overriding it works. In the code i mentioned above it seems it does not event come to the page because I put alert statements in the script tag and it does not come there too.