function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Dawn OliveiraDawn Oliveira 

Business Administration Superbadge bug in Step #3?

I am working through the Business Administration Superbadge, but keep running into an error on step 3 that says "Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: Couldn't find a component with the title 'Account Distribution'.". However, I defintely have that component with the propoer name. I've tried recreating the component and cloning the whole dashboard, but no luck. Any ideas?User-added image
NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Dawn,

Sorry for this issue you are encountering.

May I suggest you please double check that if you are connected to a proper dev org or playground? Because usually, this happens if you are connected to some other account and verifying the challenge in some other account.

Still, if you are sure that you are validating the challenge in the right org then I would suggest you please reach out to the trailhead support team for better and quick assistance on the above issue.

You may reach trailhead support team at the below email address.
Please let us know if this helps.

Kindly mark this as solved if the information was helpful.

Thanks,
Nagendra
Thank you Nagendra. I double checked and I am in the right org- A new trailhead playground with the package installed. Do you have the contact info for Trailhead support? I don't think i saw it on their site. Thank you!
Víctor LópezVíctor López
Hi Nagendra,

I'm having the same issue that Dawn Oliveira has.
What can we do to solve it?

Thanks
Víctor LópezVíctor López
Hi again,

After deleting, cloning and trying several options founded in this forum, i noticed that in fact I have more than one dashboard with the same name.
I delete all of them, and recreate the "original" one. After that, the issue has dissapear.

I don't really know why, but it's solved.
Ekaterina GetaEkaterina Geta
Hello Dawn,

Not sure if it's still relevant, but I had similar issue and the solution was to delete and recreate the component + wait for 10 minutes before re-validating the challenge.

Let me know if this helps.

Ekaterina
Hi Ekaterina, I tried your suggestion to debug, but even after deleting the dashboard entirely and waiting 10 minutes I am still getting the same original error message about the missing "Account Distribution" component. Just to note, when I originally created this dashboard, I did not clone- it was built from scratch, and delted/rebuilt several times after as part of resolution attempts. I submitted a ticket to trailhead support last week, but never received a reply. Looks like I'm stuck and cannot complete this superbadge without some support assistance :(
Hello Dawn,

If you still having the missing component error, the first thing to double check is that the dashboard has been successfully deleted.
Also try to log out and re-login between the actions.

If those debugging really isn't helping you can also recreate a new playgroud and try it again, most probably you win't need to complete all the previous challenges, if those are reports and dahsboards.

Let me know how it goes and good luck!
Ekaterina

Hi Ekaterina- That finally worked and I was able to get past that error. However now I have one that says "The dashboard configuration that allows users to see only their own data is incorrect." When I attempt resolve it by updating both dashboards "View dashboard as" setting to reflect 'The dashboard viewer" I get  a popup saying "you've reached the limit for dashboards run as the logged in user" and am unable to save. These are the only two dashboards in the dev org; and as I understand it the limit should be 3, not 0.

Any ideas?
Hi Dawn,

I didn't encounter this limit before and I wasn't aware there was one.

If I remember correctly the first dashboard should be 'View as a specific user" and you choose yourself. Maybe if you try doing this it can solve the limit issue for the second one?

In case you're still stuck, you can try to send me the screenshot.

Ekaterina
Hi Ekaterina- Unfortunately that didn't work. When I edit the dashboard there are three viewer options: 1) Me 2) Another Person 3) The dashboard viewer.  If I choose #2 as ou suggested and select myself as the user, if defaults it back to option #1 upon save (because #1 and #2 with me selected are the same. If I try to validate the challenge I still get the same error about "The dashboard configuration that allows users to see only their own data is incorrect."

If I try to use option 3 and save on either dashboard, I get the popup that tells me "you've reached the limit for dashboards run as the logged in user" and am unable to save. 

Not sure what else I could be doing wrong, or could do to resolve this? I've been trying to validate past this step for 2weeks now :(
kevin carr 15kevin carr 15
Hi Dawn,

I'm getting the same error, did you ever figure out the solution?

Thanks,
Kris
kevin carr 15kevin carr 15
Figured it out... you have to select the radio button for the last option for both Dashboards.

User-added image