function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Manan Shah 15Manan Shah 15 

Quote object permission is not visible on guest user profile of public site

Hi,

I created public site and wants to add VF page which displays Quote details by passing quote Id. - Quote setting is already enabled

The issue is VF page is rendering correctly on public site but not able to display Quote details.

Root cause:
Quote object permission itself is not visible on guset user profile of public site (by clicking Public Access Settings) button. and hence not able to provide Read permission of Quote object.

Here is my scenarios of sharing settinngs and Quote settings:

Quote OWD is "Controlled By Parent" and Opportunity is "Read Only"
Quote Settings page: Showring several references where Quote object/field is used and Disable Quote option is disabled

I read in one of the post that if you disable the quote and re-enable the quote again then Quote object permission will be visible o guest profile
This option requires removal of references first, disable it, enable it again and again revert the references which is not correct way.

I also tried with Ant migration. I retrieved Quote object and Guest profile. Added Quote permission in the profile and tried to deploy but Qupte permission was still not visible.

Any idea to achieve this?

Thanks

Gokula KrishnanGokula Krishnan
Hi Manan,

Try this,

1. In Sharing Setting, give access to Opportunity to "Public Read/Write"
2. In Guest Profile, give access to Opportunity Tick Read and Create option.
3. In Guest Profile -> Std Field Level Security -> Order -> Give access to all fields.

Thanks,

If it helps you, please mark is as best answer, so it will be helpful for other developers.
Hi Gokula,

These steps are not able to visible Quote object permission in my guest profile
Gokula KrishnanGokula Krishnan
Hi Manan,

You need to do the access for the Opportunity, not for Quote( I think you're refering Order as Quote). Quote is child for Opportunity. So, all the access level for Quote will be same as Opportunity.

Check whether the Guest Profile can access the opportunity records and fields.

Thanks.!! 
Hi Gokula,

Opportunity object and field permission is set properly on guest profile and public site can display it correctly.

However Quote object (Standard Quote object not the Order object) permission is not visible under "Standard Object Permission" section from where we can tick Create and Read permision