function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Zahir Basith 4Zahir Basith 4 

Can salesforce standard products be used to define real estate products ?

We are in to property business which includes rental and sales of newly developed properties. We are in a verge of defining salesforce platform for our business.
So the scope starts from marketing to primarly sales cloud. though we don't focus on marketing much at this point but we need to define an optimal sales process. We already have difference ways of getting leads. 
So leads would come to the salesforce system either by an upload or web to lead etc. The plan is to convert this lead in to opportunities and hence forth use the sales cloud very much. 
Now I need some advice on just one thing that is,  can we use standard salesforce products for each property  the reason for me asking this question is that,  each property (which is going to products object) will be different with respect to its attributes hence we will have to add hundrands of products. 
The next option would be to have a custom object for property but then I am concrened that we may have challenges in utilising salesforce sales cloud features to its best if go with custom object. due to this reason I presume going with standard salesforce product can be the best option. Please advice if we do have any challenge in using a standard product object approach? 

Any help is much appreciated! Thank you :)