function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Forrest HartleyForrest Hartley 

Trailhead Einstein Candidate object name already in use?

Hi all,
I am working on step 2 for the Einstein Prediction builder project. I've successfully created my special dev org and connected it to Trailhead. I'm now looking in Object Manager for the Candidate custom object, but it's not there? So, as a quick fix, I thought I could create it, but it seems the object name is already in use. How can this be? Can I have a hidden object in this dev org? I've logged in with alternate browsers that don't have login creds saved to verify I'm logged into the correct org. I'm about to create a second Einstein dev org, but this seems broken. 
Best Answer chosen by Forrest Hartley
meghna kulkarni 8meghna kulkarni 8
Hi, 

I created my Einstein org yesterday and faced the same issue. 
Can you see your Einstein prediction builder in setup yet? If your builder doesn't exist on the setup yet, give it a few hrs. The org takes time to update itself. Check after a few hrs. 

The object candidate does exist, you can see in schema and  continue to make the changes. But you will have to wait at the 4th step till your prediction builder shows up. 

Note- After my builder showed up, my accepted offer and other fields were not present (weird!). so I created them again. 

Thanks,
Meghna

All Answers

Update, if I log into the org by itself, not launching it from Trailhead I can see the object. And I can verify I'm logging into the appropriate org. This is super weird... Could the connector be breaking this object?
meghna kulkarni 8meghna kulkarni 8
Hi, 

I created my Einstein org yesterday and faced the same issue. 
Can you see your Einstein prediction builder in setup yet? If your builder doesn't exist on the setup yet, give it a few hrs. The org takes time to update itself. Check after a few hrs. 

The object candidate does exist, you can see in schema and  continue to make the changes. But you will have to wait at the 4th step till your prediction builder shows up. 

Note- After my builder showed up, my accepted offer and other fields were not present (weird!). so I created them again. 

Thanks,
Meghna
This was selected as the best answer
I ended up completing the challenge by making all the changes for the other steps with the org logged into in an Incognito session in Chrome, as for whatever reason I could see Candidate__c object and the Prediction Builder both. Hopefully that's all the issue is, and that others can benefit by your answer Meghna! 
Crystal ZhuCrystal Zhu
Hi all, when I switched to classic , the Candidate custom objec was right there. Look like it's hidden in object manager , but I can see it in schema.
Francisco Romero 7Francisco Romero 7
I just had to log in externally and do the Challenge from there.

Jane Donohoe 21Jane Donohoe 21
Thanks Francisco - yes that worked from me - login via a an incognito window