function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Patryk ŻakPatryk Żak 

Object specific Quick Action without modal popup

Hi!,

I wan't to make a quick action button on an Object, but on click I just need to fire a background record update without oppening modal. Is it possible? Something to prevent opening modal. For now I simply created an Action Button based on VisualForce page, a confirmation button inside to update the record and close modal with success message.
sfdcMonkey.comsfdcMonkey.com
Hi Patryk Żak, No, popup opeing on quick action is a standard functionality.  you can not control this, but you do a workaround for it to close this quick action popup you can use below statemenet in your lightning component javaScript on component load or after your task done, which you want :

$A.get("e.force:closeQuickAction").fire();.
https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.lightning.meta/lightning/ref_force_closeQuickAction.htm?search_text=quick

This event is handled by the one.app container. It’s supported in Lightning Experience and the Salesforce app only.

Hopes it helps you
 Let me know if it helps you, and kindly close your answer with choosing best answer if you got your solution
Thanks

AmrutAmrut
implements="force:lightningQuickActionWithoutHeader"  this atleast removes header and cancel button. 

https://nickserafin.com/2017/08/23/lightning-quick-action-button-opening-lightning-component/  (https://nickserafin.com/2017/08/23/lightning-quick-action-button-opening-lightning-component/ )

follow the above link, good work around.
balaji manikandanbalaji manikandan
this just worked perfectly to hide my model box and there wont be any backdrop also.

<aura:component>

<aura:html tag="style">
        .slds-modal {
        visibility: hidden;
        display: none;
        }
        .slds-backdrop{
        display: none;

}        
    </aura:html>
<aura:handler name="init" value="{! this }" action="{!c.doInit }"/>
</aura:component>

--------------- Aura Controller JS---------------------
  doInit: function (component, event, helper) {
       $A.get("e.force:closeQuickAction").fire();

var evt = $A.get("e.force:navigateToComponent");
        evt.setParams({
            componentDef : "c:methodName",
            componentAttributes: {
            recordId : component.get("v.recordId")
        }

});
        evt.fire();
},

Renu AmbigerRenu Ambiger
thanks balaji manikandan it worked perfectly for me as well.
ManiKumar Gunda 10ManiKumar Gunda 10
Hi Balaji,Renu

I have implemented the same code, but still I am getting the popup...could you please help me to resolve this
Rashmi RaoRashmi Rao
Hi Balaji, Thanks for the code. I used the above code on the quick action of Quote page. The quick action just refreshes the page. But after the refresh the scoll on the quote page is not visible . Can you please help here. Thanks.