function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Bernard Philipsen 6Bernard Philipsen 6 

Work a Lead in the Lead Workspace

Hi,
I'm trying to finish this challenge (Work a Lead in the Lead Workspace),. However i am missing the 'new event' - tab. I see Task, call and email, but there's isnt a fourth tab for event. Any suggestions? Thx in advance.

Kins regards, Bernard Philipsen
Best Answer chosen by Bernard Philipsen 6
Hi Ignacio, So I was looking for the ‘edit layout’, but I couldn’t find that field. I did find however on the top left under ‘new’ the possibility to add an new event. I did that in salesfore classic to mrs. Majors Lead and it showed up in Lightning as well. It was enough to finish the challenge. So thx for giving me this idea. Greetings from the Netherlands. Kind regards, Bernard Philipsen Business Developer / projectleider a.i. [Canvass Company] Marathon 11, 1213 PG Hilversum | t. +31 (0)35 799 9010 | [Canvass Company] [Canvass Company] [Canvass Company] www.canvasscompany.nl | info@canvasscompany.nl

All Answers

IGNACIO SARMIENTO LOSADA1IGNACIO SARMIENTO LOSADA1
Hi Bernard,

You have to add 'new event' quick action in the 'Quick Actions in the Salesforce Classic Publisher', in the page layout

Switch to Salesforce classic -> Open 'Leads' tab -> Open your lead record ('Shelley Major') -> click on ' Edit Layout ' -> click on 'Quick Actions' (on the top left) -> search 'New Event' action -> drag and drop this action in the 'Quick Actions in the Salesforce Classic Publisher'  -> Save the changes

User-added image
Let me know if this solves the problem

Thanks
Ignacio
Thx Ignacio, I’ll get around to it later this evening, so I let you know tomorrow if it succeeded because of the time diference. Kind Regards, Bernard Philipsen Business Developer / projectleider a.i. [Canvass Company] Marathon 11, 1213 PG Hilversum | t. +31 (0)35 799 9010 | [Canvass Company] [Canvass Company] [Canvass Company] www.canvasscompany.nl | info@canvasscompany.nl
Ok, no problem. Let me know if it works Obtener Outlook para Android
Hi Ignacio, So I was looking for the ‘edit layout’, but I couldn’t find that field. I did find however on the top left under ‘new’ the possibility to add an new event. I did that in salesfore classic to mrs. Majors Lead and it showed up in Lightning as well. It was enough to finish the challenge. So thx for giving me this idea. Greetings from the Netherlands. Kind regards, Bernard Philipsen Business Developer / projectleider a.i. [Canvass Company] Marathon 11, 1213 PG Hilversum | t. +31 (0)35 799 9010 | [Canvass Company] [Canvass Company] [Canvass Company] www.canvasscompany.nl | info@canvasscompany.nl
This was selected as the best answer
Hi Ignacio, Just to finish, It did your solution as well, since it had to be there otherwise I couldn’t add it. It was under quick action in de SF publisher at the end. I transferred it to right behind New Call, but I doesn’t show yet in lightning. Anyway, for now I’m good. Met vriendelijke groet, Bernard Philipsen Business Developer / projectleider a.i. [Canvass Company] Marathon 11, 1213 PG Hilversum | t. +31 (0)35 799 9010 | [Canvass Company] [Canvass Company] [Canvass Company] www.canvasscompany.nl | info@canvasscompany.nl
Hi Bernarnd,

Maybe what you want to do is 'Log a call' action

User-added image

is it that or is a custom one which you have created?

Did you solve the issue?
Hello Ignacio, Yes the problem is solved. I both used your approach and my own workaround. The latter means I used the dropdown menu in Salesforce classic to create a new event. It showed up in lightning as well. Challenge completed!

Thanks for aal your help!
Great! please mark previous answer as the best answer to help other people in the future

Thanks
Ignacio
Done!

Thx, Bernard