function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Chris Green 4Chris Green 4 

Reports and Dashboards Superbadge challenge 5 error on Lightning report

I'm getting this error: dashboard immediately before submitting this challenge.
Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong:
The 'Lightning Hobbies by Contact' report does not appear to have either the correct report type or (most likely) the correct columns.

I have double and triple checked my setup:
User-added image
And here is the view in LEX:
User-added image
The only thing I can think of is that the API name has a digit on the end because I deleted my first try and deleted from recycle bin.  Otherwise it matches what I've seen others doing in other threads trying to help folks with this same error. I never saw someone get a resolution though so I'm posting in hopes that someone sees something I missed.
Charisse de BelenCharisse de Belen
Hi Chris,

Although you do need to filter by Hobby Type, I don't think you need to have Hobby Type as a column. Try removing it to see if that fixes anything.
Hi Charlsse,
I've had the report with and without that column and neither worked unfortunately.   :(
Also,  the API name thing didn't fix it either which I thought might be the problem.  So frustrated!!
Hmm... Maybe try removing that "Contacts with Contact Hobbies" filter? I don't have that on mine.
No luck there either. What does your report type look like?  Is it Accounts with Contacts with or without Contact Hobbies?  Or is it Accounts with Contacts with Contact Hobbies?  Specs say use the same report type for all three contact - hobby reports so I have Accounts with Contacts with or without Contact Hobbies which is why I had the "Contacts with Contact Hobbies" filter.
I'm using Accounts with Contacts and Hobbies. I guess they didn't actually check that all the reports used the same type because I used Contacts with Contact Hobbies and Hobby for the "Contacts by Hobby and Rating" report, and I used Contacts and Accounts for the "Contacts Without Hobbies" report.
No luck with the report types either.  I tried Accounts with Contacts and Hobbies and still got the same error message. This is really a bugger.
Not sure if these will help at all, but you might as well exhaust as many options as possible...
  • Make sure your report is in the General Reports folder.
  • If you're making new reports to test your changes, make sure that any previous tries do not have "Lightning_Hobbies_by_Contact" in their unique name. Just to be safe, try changing them to something completely different.
  • In the Preview pane, click on Show and make sure Details is checked. This makes sure that you don't have extra columns hiding in your report.
I had a similar issue with the Lightning Experience superbadge at one point, and I even tried creating a new Trailhead Playground and starting over. That didn't work either, and in the end, I went back to my original Trailhead Playground and checked again and it just worked. Hopefully you find a solution!
I just checked the requirements again, and you should disregard my first point. For this step, keep the report in your personal custom report folder. You shouldn't move it until the next step.
Rohan SarafRohan Saraf
Hi All,
I am too stucked at the challenge 5 of this superbadge.I have tried all the possible ways and workarounds to pass this Challenge but could not cross it.
I am continuously getting the error  "The 'Lightning Hobbies by Contact' report does not appear to have either the correct report type or (most likely) the correct columns."
Here are my screenshots of the "Report type" and Report.
Report Type: Screenshot

User-added image

Report: Lightning Hobbies by Contact

User-added image

User-added image
Rohan SarafRohan Saraf
Hi all,
If anyone of you has passed the challenge then could you please post the screenshots for my reference.
It would be very helpful for me.

Thankx and Regards..!!
Rohan SarafRohan Saraf
Hi Everyone,
Since the long time I am trying to solve this Superbadge and was stucked at the Challenge 5, I tried all the workarounds available at the various threads of the Developer forums related to this Badge. But nothing worked even though all the things seemed to be right.

Later, the thing which finally worked is
  1. I created the new Playground
  2. Imported all the Data again
  3. Create the Appropriate fields which will be necessary to create the reports
  4. Create the Report Type:"Account with COntacts and Contact Hobbies"
  5. Specifically created the Reports related to the Challenge 5.
  6. Finally, check the Challenge.
That's it..!!
Thanks and Regards