function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
AbAb 

Limiting the security for connection on browser

Hello,

I have created a user with Salesforce licnece.
For every new browser, it asks the security code.
the code is sent to Email address and also to Phone.

1) Is it possible to remove this security ?
2) if above is not posible atleast we can remove the phone number ?

thanks for suggestions
Best Answer chosen by Ab
Charisse de BelenCharisse de Belen
Hi,

You can try the solutions listed here: https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=000232553&type=1

If that doesn't work, I think you have to contact Salesforce support to disable SMS verification. You can see your current setting in Setup > Security Controls > Session Settings under "Enable SMS method of identity verification", but you will see you cannot uncheck the box yourself.

All Answers

Charisse de BelenCharisse de Belen
Hi,

You can try the solutions listed here: https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=000232553&type=1

If that doesn't work, I think you have to contact Salesforce support to disable SMS verification. You can see your current setting in Setup > Security Controls > Session Settings under "Enable SMS method of identity verification", but you will see you cannot uncheck the box yourself.
This was selected as the best answer
Arvind KumarArvind Kumar
Hi Sandrine,

You can get rid of the verification code by specifying the trusted ip range in Setup -> Admininstration Setup -> Security Controls -> Network Access.

1.) You can give range as 0.0.0.0 to 255.255.255.255  
     Start IP Address : 0.0.0.0
     End IP Address : 255.255.255.255

According to the docs:

The start and end IP addresses in an IPv4 range must include no more than 33,554,432 addresses (225, a /7 CIDR block). For example, the following ranges are valid:
0.0.0.0 to 1.255.255.255
132.0.0.0 to 132.255.255.255
132.0.0.0 to 133.255.255.255

Hope this helps!
Regards,
Arvind Kumar