function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Victor EcheverríaVictor Echeverría 

Page Layout Issue. User has different page layout with other user while having the same record type and same profile

I'm really scratching my head here. I have this one user that for some reason doesn't seem to have the same page layout as other users with the same record type and profile. the only difference seems to be the lists that are visible to him. Specifically the contacts list. all the rest is the same. I've already checked the profile permissions and it has all permissions related to the contacts object but this is no surprise since there are other users with the same profile operating correctly. What am I missing here? Besides profile permissions where could the wrong setting be so that this one user can't see related contacts?
Rahul KumarRahul Kumar (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Victor,
  • Object permissions specify the base-level access users have to create, read, edit, and delete records for each object. You can manage object permissions in permission sets and profiles.

Please refer the below link for reference. I hope it will be helpful.

Best Regards
Rahul Kumar
Victor EcheverríaVictor Echeverría
Hi Rahul,

Thank you for your answer. I'm very familiarized with object permissions. The weird thing is that this one user has a different Layout than others having the same Profile and record type for the Opportunity Object. The Difference is that the related lists seem to be not visible.

User-added image

Here's the profile permissions for the contacts  object.

User-added image

Here's the page layout on edit mode assigned to the profile and record type the user has. It is the same across all users with that profile.

User-added image

Here's what the final user sees when loonking at the opportunity object. 

As you can see only one related list out of five is visible to the final user. I've checked everywhere I know but still can't find the reason why it's not visible. Other users with the the same profile and record type can see the full layout. What user specific configuration could be different with this user so that he can't see this list even though he has all permissions on the object? 
Rhadisha DavisRhadisha Davis
Hi Victor,
We are currently experiencing the same issue. It's only one user which makes it such a mystery. Were you able to determine what was occurring in your instance? 
Rhadisha DavisRhadisha Davis
For anyone who may encounter this issue, I was able to determine the issue. I knew it would be something simple that was hanging me up in trying to figure this out! :)
The user has opted to select "Customize Page" to remove a few of the related lists, which overrides the page layout settings. 
Mike Andrews 14Mike Andrews 14
Rhadisha thank you for following up with your answer! Had this issue and it was driving me crazy today!