function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Nuevo9763Nuevo9763 

Adding <a href in VF for a table column

All VF gurus,
I have to add a <a href link in a table column, which when clicked, should be able to jump in a particular section in VF page.
following is my code and I need the <a href in column 3 to jump to the corresponding section in VF page. Can this be achieved?
Both are dealing with same collection named someObjects. So basically each row in the first table is displayed in detail view in the <apex:repeat code. The href (underlined  text), when clicked to the portion of the PageBlockTable in bold below.

<apex:pageBlockTable id="someTable" value="{! someObjects }" var="someObject" >
    <apex:column id="column1" headerValue="someObject Name" ><apex:outputLink value="{!Some value)}" target="_blank">
{!someObject.RecordType.Name}</apex:outputLink></apex:column>
        <apex:column id="column1" headerValue="Status" value="{! someObject.Icon_Status__c }" />
        <apex:column id="column3" headerValue="Comments" ><a href="#name" >View Comments</a></apex:column>
</apex:pageBlockTable>
<apex:repeat value="{! someObjects }" var="someObject" >
 <apex:outputPanel >
  <div style="float: left; width: 24px" ></div>
        <div style="overflow: hidden; width: auto;  padding: 5px; font-weight: bold; color: white" >
                            {! object.RecordType.Name }
        </div>

</apex:outputPanel>
</apex:repeat>

Any links or ideas welcome.
Thanks in advance!
Nitesh K.Nitesh K.
Use Command link and rerender section
<apex:commandLink action="{!save}" value="Save" id="theCommandLink" rerender="abc"/>

<apex:outputpanel id="abc">
hello MK7
</apex:outputpanel>

Let me know if this helps.