function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Alex ValavanisAlex Valavanis 

Flow on lookups

Hello,

I have a lookup field in the opportunity object which looks up a custom tab called "Targets". Depending on the fields:
1. "Start Month"
2. "Start Year" and
3. Stage= Closed Won

I choose the appropriate "Target Name". (Please see screenshots)

I do this manually and would like to automate it with a flow. Is there any kind of step by step guidance? Thank you.

User-added image

User-added image

Ankit Maheshwari 2Ankit Maheshwari 2
Hi Alex,

I would like to know that as per present scenerio you create target record first and then populate lookup field on Opportunity.

And now you need to create target and autopopulate it to the lookup field on Opportunity autometically if i am not wrong. 

Please let me know what idea you need?

Happy to help you!

Thanks
Ankit Maheshwari
Hello Ankit,

I have created already the monthly targets.

What i want is from the opportunity object when the stage is closed won, the field "Target" must be updated accordingly. (depending on the start month and start year.
e.g.
Opportunity Owner =  Clare Hepworth closes a deal on an opportubity which has field "Start month" December and Start Year 2017, then the Target field must be updated with the relevant Target name which in this case is "Clare Hepworth - December - 2017".

Target names are: Clare Hepworth - January - 2017, Clare Hepworth - February - 2017, Clare Hepworth - March - 2017, Clare Hepworth - April - 2017 etc. etc.

Hope this makes sense.
Hi Alex,

Thank you so much for your responce.

This requirement can be done by visual flow or Trigget and class.

You can create a Visual Flow Type "Autolaunched" and call this flow by Process builder as per rule criteria.

You need to follow below steps in Visual flow to do this
1:- Pass the Opportunity id in visual flow from process builder.
2:- Use Fast Lookup window to access the Opportunity Record.
3:- In second step you need to Use one more fast Lookup for the Target object. In which you need to search record by name based on Opportuntiy Fields.
4:- you will get the Id of the Target record by Fast Lookup.
5:- Use assignement window for Opportunity and put the Id of Target into Target field of Opportunity.
5;- use Update Record Window then Pass the variable of Opportunity into the window.
6:- End.

But for this you need to follow the proper Name of Target record, Lets suppose 

you have created target record with the name as "Clare Hepworth - February - 2017" then you need to use same formate in flow like same spaces. So for this I would Like to suggest you that you should Use target Object name without space like "Clare Hepworth-February-2017".

Please let me know if need more help.

Happy to help you.

If it is helpful for you so please select answer as best.

Thanks
Ankit Maheshwari
Thank you Ankit for your replies.

Unfortunately i am very new to flow and although i understand the process i am unable to implement it. Let me know if there are any similar videos on line.
I can send you the knowledge articales by which you can do it.

Below is the link where you can learch flow easily for your requirement.
https://automationchampion.com/learning-flow/

If you need to create this flow and need my help so please let me know. i will always available for your help. We can connect through email also if needed.

Thanks
Ankit Maheshwari
You can do this task by Trigger and class also. And as per my understanding you shoukd go with Apex Trigger and class because it is more familier.

Please select answer as best if it helps.

Thanks
I have never used Apex Trigger or Class. Please send me your email and will get back to you
Hello Alex,

Below is my email id:- 
ankit.rathii.1989@gmail.com

You can contact me any time. will always available for you.

Happy to help you!

Thanks