function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ShunnShunn 

Trigger on Quote line item

Hi All,

I need a trigger that when the Opportunity Product "line description" field is created or edited, the related Quote line item object "Description" field should also be created or updated. So basically,
A) Object = Opportunity Product 
Field = Line Description
B) Object = Quote Line Item 
Field = Line Description
Trigger on new or update
Field on object A , should be populated on Object B's field 

Can anyone help please?
Best Answer chosen by Shunn
DeveloperSudDeveloperSud
Hi Shunn,
Did you try with sync button in Quote line item? As I have checked in my Dev org if you activate it , the changes between the opportunity Product and Quote Line Item will be in sync means change in line description for Opporuntiy line item will update the same change in the field of line  item description of Quote Line Item.I think you better try with this first. Let us know if this helps.
User-added image

All Answers

DeveloperSudDeveloperSud
Hi Shunn,
Did you try with sync button in Quote line item? As I have checked in my Dev org if you activate it , the changes between the opportunity Product and Quote Line Item will be in sync means change in line description for Opporuntiy line item will update the same change in the field of line  item description of Quote Line Item.I think you better try with this first. Let us know if this helps.
User-added image

This was selected as the best answer
ShunnShunn
@developerSud, I didnt even think about this button! You saved me plenty headache and time trying to reinvent the wheel! thanks