function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Chad.PfrommerChad.Pfrommer 

Email Services email address endpoints after instance refreshes

I've searched around and read through the Instance Refresh Maintenance Knowledge Base article and I can't find an answer to this question.

I have an org on na23, which while soon go through a refresh and end up on na53.  I currently have a few custom email services within that org, both of which have email addresses with domains that end in "na23.apex.salesforce.com".  The domains for these email addresses are system generated - I can't change them.

When na23 gets refreshed and becomes na53, will the SFDC platform route emails sent to the current "na23.apex.salesforce.com" email addresses to my org where it resides on the new hardware?  Or do I need to coordinate with every 3rd party using those email addresses and have them switch to a new email address after the refresh - and if so, can I find out what the new email address will be ahead of time?  Will it be the same except for s/na23/na53/?
Best Answer chosen by Chad.Pfrommer
Chad.PfrommerChad.Pfrommer
For posterity - Ssalesforce will internally redirect emails sent to the email address containing the old instance to the email service that was migrated to the new instance.