function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
JJamesJJames 

Set a list of approvers that can be selected for approval process

I am setting up an approval process and want to allow the user to select which user will be assigned as the approver for the process. The OOB functionality allows the user to select another user, but I only want the user to be able to select from a specified list of users.

I know that there is a queue functionality but that is not the solution I am seeking, as I only want a single user to be the approver.
Does anyone have any insight on how I would accomplish this? Thanks!
NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi James,

Please try below approaches:
  1. Create a User filtered lookup on the object that limits the choice to your set of approvers. Your approval process can then assign the approver based on this lookup field.
    This is bad because there is no way to force the user selected as part of the submit process. They would need to do it before clicking submit.
  2. Create a custom button to "replace" the standard submit for approval (Unfortunately, you can't do this in the approvals list view, which sucks).
    The button would point to a VF page that requires an approver to be selected (User lookup). The user then clicks submit and the controller will submit the record for approval.
Thanks,
Nagendra.