function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Glenn Nyhan 54Glenn Nyhan 54 

Is there a Limit to the Number of Fields that can Be Defined as Criteria for a Sharing Rule?

Is there a limit to the number of fields that can be defined as Criteria for a Sharing Rule?
Best Answer chosen by Glenn Nyhan 54
RKSalesforceRKSalesforce
We need to create 1 Public Group with those 4 people.Two Criteria based sharing rules are required.
1) Criteria : Opportunity.Stage ==  'Pledged ' OR Opportunity.Stage ==  'Received' .... Share it with the Public Group you  created... Opportunity Access = Read/Write
2) Criteria : Opportunity.Stage ==  Reamaining all Stages......Share it with Public Group 'All Internal Users'...Opportunity Access = Read/Write

All Answers

RKSalesforceRKSalesforce
Yes. We can not use more than 25 fields as a Criteri for Sharing Rule.

Regards,
Ramakant
Thanks Ramakant, I am only using one picklist field, and almost all the results except two (see attached image). Will this work? Or do I have to go to Filter Logic and add in 1 AND 2 AND 3 all the way up to the 20 results in the rule criteria?

Stage Field Picklist Results
RKSalesforceRKSalesforce
PLease tell me your requirement.

Regards,
Ramaknt

I am setting up a critera based sharing rule for the data in the Stage field in the Opportunity object. The requirement is that 4 people need to have access to that field to edit it if the result in the field is either Pledged or  Received. The rest of the org needs to have access to this field to read and edit, but not if the result is either Pledge or Received, then they should not be able to edit. 
RKSalesforceRKSalesforce
We need to create 1 Public Group with those 4 people.Two Criteria based sharing rules are required.
1) Criteria : Opportunity.Stage ==  'Pledged ' OR Opportunity.Stage ==  'Received' .... Share it with the Public Group you  created... Opportunity Access = Read/Write
2) Criteria : Opportunity.Stage ==  Reamaining all Stages......Share it with Public Group 'All Internal Users'...Opportunity Access = Read/Write

This was selected as the best answer
Perfect! Thanks! That is what I did, with a little twist, which was the 2nd group has access to results that are not equal to Received or Pledged. I think that should work. Do you think it will? 
RKSalesforceRKSalesforce
Yes . That should do the trick.
Awesome! Thank you sir for your help. Much appreciated!