function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Stefano AmentaStefano Amenta 

Error with record lookup in visual flow

Hi,

I have designed a flow but I come up with an error when I do a record lookup and it's driving me nuts.

Here's the error:
Error element Look_for_previous_forms (FlowRecordLookup).
This error occurred when the flow tried to look up records: SELECT Keep_doing_formal__c, Spot_check_Comment__c ^ ERROR at Row:1:Column:8 No such column 'Keep_doing_formal__c' on entity 'Observation_Form__c'. If you are attempting to use a custom field, be sure to append the '__c' after the custom field name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names.. 

This is my Lookup within the flow:
User-added image

All the fields above exist in the object and the __c is already appended in the API name of the fields.

When I click Run in the flow designer it works fine, but when I launch the visualforce page which calls the flow I get the error I have mentioned.

Currently I have two Record Lookup in my flow: the first lookup works ok, the problem only happens with the second lookup called "Look for previous forms".

What could be the issue?
Thanks in advance for your valuable feedback.

User-added image
Best Answer chosen by Stefano Amenta
Karan Shekhar KaulKaran Shekhar Kaul
Hi Stefano,

Not sure about the complete implementation. Seems like user who is initiating flow via VF page is not having access to Keep_doing_formal__c field on Observation_Form__c object. Check FLS for this field.

Try running "SELECT Keep_doing_formal__c, Spot_check_Comment__c from Observation_Form__c  limit 1" on developer console's query editor & see if you recevie same error.

All Answers

Karan Shekhar KaulKaran Shekhar Kaul
Hi Stefano,

Not sure about the complete implementation. Seems like user who is initiating flow via VF page is not having access to Keep_doing_formal__c field on Observation_Form__c object. Check FLS for this field.

Try running "SELECT Keep_doing_formal__c, Spot_check_Comment__c from Observation_Form__c  limit 1" on developer console's query editor & see if you recevie same error.

This was selected as the best answer
Stefano AmentaStefano Amenta
Hi Karan,

thanks a lot! Indeed it was a FLS issue, now everything is ok :)