function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Shiva RajendranShiva Rajendran 

Batch class query cursor limitation understanding doubt

A user can have up to 50 query cursors open at a time. For example, if 50 cursors are open and a client application still
logged in as the same user attempts to open a new one, the oldest of the 50 cursors is released. Note that this limit is
different for the batch Apex start method, which can have up to five query cursors open at a time per user. The other
batch Apex methods have the higher limit of 50 cursors ? Cursor limits for different Database.com features are tracked separately. For example, you can have 50 Apex query cursors and 50 batch cursors open at the same time.
what does cursor in here means ?? Does it represents the soql query which means i can't make more than 50 soql query inside execute method each time?
Also what does 50 apex query curssor and 50 batch cursor open mean by exactly?
Thanks and Regards,
Shiva RV
Best Answer chosen by Shiva Rajendran
NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Shiva,

May I suggest you please check with below link from the community which might help you accelerate further. Please let us know if this helps.

Regards,
Nagendra.

All Answers

NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Shiva,

May I suggest you please check with below link from the community which might help you accelerate further. Please let us know if this helps.

Regards,
Nagendra.
This was selected as the best answer
Shiva RajendranShiva Rajendran
Hi Nagendra,
I have read those already.
My question is i can have only 50 cursors open means i can make only 50 soql query inside one batch job ?
Thanks and Regards,
Shiva RV