function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Stephanie Zimmerman 7Stephanie Zimmerman 7 

Referencing Event.Type picklist values in Apex Batch Class

Hello all, 

Hoping this will be a quick and easy question. I currently have a batch class to send emails on Event. The batch class is referenced by a schedulable class; the schedulable class runs daily. For the portion of the code that queries the Event records, I am looking to make a small modification to exclude Events where Type = Rescheduled or Cancelled. 

Previously, this was the code and emails were sending:
for(Event evnt : eventLst){

if(evnt.WhatId != null && String.valueOf(evnt.WhatId).startsWith(PREFIX_OPPORTUNITY) && evnt.WhoId != null && String.valueOf(evnt.WhoId).startsWith(PREFIX_CONTACT)){
        //Opportunity Id set
        oppIdSet.add(evnt.WhatId);
        //Contact Id set
        contIdSet.add(evnt.WhoId);
      }
    }

Now this is the updated code attempting to exclude Events where Type = Rescheduled or Cancelled

for(Event evnt : eventLst){

if(evnt.Type != 'Rescheduled' && evnt.Type != 'Cancelled' && evnt.WhatId != null && String.valueOf(evnt.WhatId).startsWith(PREFIX_OPPORTUNITY) && evnt.WhoId != null && String.valueOf(evnt.WhoId).startsWith(PREFIX_CONTACT)){
        //Opportunity Id set
        oppIdSet.add(evnt.WhatId);
        //Contact Id set
        contIdSet.add(evnt.WhoId);
      }
    }

With this change, now no emails are sending, even when Type is null. I assume I'm referencing picklist values incorrectly but am not sure how to correct. Any ideas for the best way to write this code to exclude Events where Type = Rescheduled or Cancelled? 

Thanks!
Stephanie