function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Vihren TodorovVihren Todorov 

email to case notification not working

I have set “Notify default case owner” . How does this notification work ? I do see the newly created cases from email in SF, and they are also assigned to me. But I do not get a notification in my email so that I can check the salesforce portal for new cases.
Also the case creator does not receive a notification of the case creation.

I tested the salesforce deliverability and got all the 48 emails as noted. I can also test each individual Template “Case creation” or “case assignment” and do get a test email. But when the case is automatically created nothing happens.

GauravGargGauravGarg
Hi,

Please check email log, if any email goes out to case owner email-id or your email id. 

If yes, then you can log a case with salesforce about why it is not delivering.
If No, then need to debug this where it is faling. 

You can go through below link, to check the email-to-case settting:
https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=000003944&type=1

Thanks,
Gaurav
Vihren TodorovVihren Todorov
I have tried to generate email logs for the last 8 hours. And all email logs for the last 2 minutes.

Both times when the generator completes in approx 10 minutes there is the message: "We can't deliver your logs because of an error. Try searching again."

I have a case open but still no response.
GauravGargGauravGarg
Hi Vihren,

There might be some issue, otherwise email log doesnt take that much of time and also, it will deliver on your email account. 
Please wait for the salesforce team response. 

Thanks,
Gaurav
Bryn JonesBryn Jones
Did you ever find the issue?
GauravGargGauravGarg

Hi Bryn,

I have often came accross this kind of issues, that emails are not delivered to client / customer due to following reasons:
1. Registered Email-Id are not valid. 
2. Salesforce daily email limits are crossed. 

Issue with email log:
No, I have never came accross this kind of issues, it would hardly take 5 mins to capture the details. 

Thanks,

Gaurav